Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fluid for Tiptronic transmission

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 12:29 AM
Default Fluid for Tiptronic transmission

Hi Everyone,

I searched for an ATF fluid for my A6 Tiptronic ZF 5HP19 transmission and almost everyone recommends using the original Esso LT 71141 or dealer’s Pentosin fluid. I could not believe that thousands ZF transmissions used in US vehicles (GM, Chrysler..) are not supported with a domestic ATF. I wrote a letter to at least three known ATF blenders and the most positive answer is from Shell:

There are no Shell-branded fluids in the US recommended for replacement of Esso LT71141, but our subsidiary companies, Pennzoil and Quaker State, both produce products. Pennzoil or Quaker State "Multi-Vehicle Automatic Transmission Fluid" may be used in your application. The products are the same, except for the brand label. You can find information on the Pennzoil product at http://www.pzlqs.com/Tech/Pdsheet/Do...ssionFluid.pdf, and for the Quaker State fluid at http://www.pzlqs.com/Tech/Pdsheet/Qu...ssionFluid.pdf.

Does anyone have any experience with an equivalent to Esso LT 71141 or Pentosin available from domestic sources please?

Best,

Pavel

Old 12-21-2005, 10:14 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Fluid for Tiptronic transmission

Just use the recommended fluid or get it from the dealer

I wouldnt take that chance

Old 10-14-2007, 07:55 PM
Default RE: Fluid for Tiptronic transmission

do web search for mobil 1 atf synthetic it is approved for zf trans. the exxon esso mobil are one compant.