Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FM signal / Rear Defrost

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 01:06 PM
Default FM signal / Rear Defrost

I'm having a problem with my '01 A6.
When I turn on the rear defrost, I lose the FM signal. AM works fine with rear defrost, and the rear defrost has no affect on the CD player.

Has anyone had, or heard of this problem?

Thanks,
Mike

Old 09-29-2007, 01:15 PM
Default RE: FM signal / Rear Defrost

could be you have a bad ground wire but just another guessthe rear defogger will create an electrical ( magnetic field ) which is why they fit suppressors ( just like the old days with anything electrical ) FM signal is weak and that's why they amplify it so your problem could be in that area

Old 09-29-2007, 05:12 PM
1st Gear

Got the same problem. "01 A6 2.7T. Turn on the rear defroster on and the FM radio goes staticy. I just bought the car a month or so ago so, it really hasn't bothered me yet, but I'm sure it will soon. I live in Philly and we get cold winters and those cold winter days are coming soon.

Someone told me that if you pull your radio out and just check the wiring behind it you might find the culprit. Possibly a bad ground or loose wire. I haven't pulled my radio yet haven't had time. If you find an answer please let me know how or what you did. Till then just listen to CD's. LOL

Thanks
E

Old 09-30-2007, 06:13 PM

E.

I'm in the philly area too. I already pulled the stereo and found nothing. I think the problem might be in the drivers side D pillar. I'm thinking there might be a cross wire there which causes a short once I turn on the rear defrost.

Thanks,
Mike

Old 09-30-2007, 06:51 PM
1st Gear

Cool! I am from Ridley Park. How bout them Fighten Phills today. When you say D pillar is that the rear of the car? As far as I know there have been no mods. to the car. What would cause the mis-wiring?
I'm going to run out now and try to get the pillar off and see if I can't see something unusual.

I'll get back to you. Go EAGLES

Old 10-01-2007, 12:02 AM
2nd Gear

tint?

Old 10-01-2007, 06:03 PM
1st Gear

Nah! No tint. Do you think the a/c head control could be bad? Should I start looking for a new a/c power head?

It's not a huge deal. I have two side mirrors. This way I wont have to tint the rear window. lol

Old 10-01-2007, 07:33 PM
2nd Gear

No i meant some guys with tint experience interferences witu such things as radio or Xm.... One guy in our local club had to get his tint removed nad relpaced with ceramic. I know it sounds stupid... but.... I did not make it up

Old 10-03-2007, 11:57 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: formulagigi

No i meant some guys with tint experience interferences witu such things as radio or Xm.... One guy in our local club had to get his tint removed nad relpaced with ceramic. I know it sounds stupid... but.... I did not make it up
Ceramic??? I have tint on my windows and have no problem with stations. I live in Chicago. Haven't had to turn on the rear defoggers yet. I may do it at lunch time just to see what happens.

Old 10-03-2007, 07:31 PM
2nd Gear

Mine works well too with the tint...

Quick Reply: FM signal / Rear Defrost