Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fog light mod

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 10:19 PM
Default Fog light mod

Does anyone know where I can find info. on getting the fog lights to come on without headlights? Do you just jump the fuse for the fog light? Thank you.

Old 10-04-2006, 11:06 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Fog light mod

Follow the link in my signature to my registry page. There, you will find a link to an article that walks you through how to do this.

Old 10-04-2006, 11:38 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Fog light mod

While I was a fan of that fuse tap method to jump the fog lights, I am an even BIGGER fan of the "nene" fog mod, which does not require any fuse taps. It is very simple, and requires you to cut and splice one wire from the dash (behind the light switch). No blown fuses or overloaded wires after hours and hours of use. This is a better method. The one disadvantage is that the fogs run ALL the time your parking lights are on...kind of like running lamps, and all the time your headlights are on.

The right angle fuse tap method that I posted (linky below) allows to select when to turn them on and off, but over the years I've gone through a couple of sets of those taps. Eventually (after heavy use) the wires cannot take the load and get crispy or melt the fuses. If you don't plan on using them a lot, go the fuse tap method. If you are planning on using the fogs as daytime running lights, go with the "nene" method.

nene fog mod: http://www.htms.org/fogmod.html
fuse tap fog mod: http://forums.audiworld.com/a6/msgs/375675.phtml

Either way, you can get it to work!