Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Foot on Brake to Select Gears Relay??

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2016, 12:17 AM
1st Gear
Default Foot on Brake to Select Gears Relay??

Hey guys I have been having trouble starting my 2004 Audi A6 3.0 after driving it for about 30 minutes. After I turn it off it will not start and not crank for at least 2 hours. When it does start there is no problem, it starts right up. So far I have changed the starter relay as well as the ignition switch. Something that I have noticed is that the car will not start when the "put foot on brake to select gears" light next to gear selector is not on. When the light turns on I can start the engine. When I put my foot on the brake and take it off I can hear a clicking coming from below the gear selector as the light goes on and off. Is there some sort of relay below that could be faulty? I also had the brake switch changed but no luck.

Last edited by VinceHollywood; 02-29-2016 at 03:40 PM.
Old 02-27-2016, 12:19 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by VinceHollywood
Hey guys I have been having trouble starting my 2004 Audi A6 3.0 after driving it for about 30 minutes. After I turn it off it will not start and not crank for at least 2 hours. When it does start there is no problem, it starts right up. So far I have changed the starter relay as well as the ignition switch. Something that I have noticed is that the car will not start when the "put foot on brake to select gears" light next to gear selector is not on. When the light turns on I can start the engine. When I put my foot on the brake and take it off I can hear a clicking coming from below the gear selector as the light goes on and off. Is there some sort of relay below that could be faulty? I also had the brake switch changed but no luck.
I am talking about this light here.