Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

front bumber is hurting from curb

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 05:55 AM
Default front bumber is hurting from curb

just got an 02 A6 3.0 Q

had a bit of a run in with a curb. the front bumber went over it, then during backup it must've ripped something. so now on the right the bumper assembly is sticking out from underneath the front right panel. body guy said $1200, he'd seen it already. has anyone run into this before?

thanks.
ef

Old 07-26-2005, 03:45 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: front bumber is hurting from curb

Yeah you basically gotta replace it. I didn't notice mine when I got it (used) from the dealer, they jimmy rigged it. You could too. But, if you are knowledgable in removing body trim, you can pull it off and check it. You probably broke the "clip" that holds it on though and gotta buy a whole new bumper. The clips are meant to pop on and off for bumper removal, but not be pulled off by the force of backing your car up. Sucks. There is a lot of useless metal in your wheel well, temporarily (indefinitely for me) you could pull the lining from your wheel well, pull the bumper into place, drill into something solid, and use a piece of sheet metal and some pop rivets to put it back on. Then when your car is in need of a full on paint job (12 years), replace your bumper then (for like 400$ parts) and get the whole car painted. Or go with a custom bumper look. Or just have the body shop do it because seriously, you are paying for them to repaint the bumper to match your car.
Ok, I am sure this response is not what you want to hear anyway.
You can start with trying to snap it back into place but I am guessing your body shop would have been smart enough to try that (just in case, put it where you think it should go and see if you can pop the clips back in, a little pressure)