Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

frustrated with my a/c for a year now please help

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 03:23 AM
1st Gear
Default frustrated with my a/c for a year now please help

i have an audi a6 1996 sedan non quatro i have had this problem with my a/c for a year now , it stopped working (cold) heater worked fine all along , i tried to replace all relays on the board as the fan was also not starting when i switched on the a/c in the car , i finally decided to make a direct connection to the relay and by pass every thing so now when i wanted a/c i have two wires connected by a reglar on off switch and when i turn on the a/c t works fine, only problem is it will not cut off so i gotta manually switch it off,

that was last year this year air is not shifting on my A/C & Heater Controlmodule and is stick at my feet and i can do nothing about fixing it, i have tried almost every thing to find out why the a/c was not kicking from inside, i am tired of it just want it to work like every other normal car , do you think i should buy a used A/C & Heater Controlmodule and replace the old one, any suggestions, please help i wanna have a/c working in this summer if you know what i mean , please help thanks

Old 06-29-2007, 10:19 AM
1st Gear
Default You need to find someone with a VagCom and scan for codes

You need to find someone with a VagCom and scan for codes. Might be the motors that position the flaps, not the control head.

Old 06-29-2007, 12:25 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: You need to find someone with a VagCom and scan for codes

Thats what I was thinking flaps as well. On my volvo the ac would not turn on because of a thermal overheat switch was bad. But if I manually jumped the compressor it ran fine. I am not sure if whoever makes the compressor in your car uses the same type(or at all) of thermal switch or not, but try to find out who makes the compressor and go from there. Then again I probably am completely wrong.

Jeff

edit: after re-reading your post, it sounds like you are bypassing three or four things in no particular order. The high pressure switch, the low pressure switch, the thermal switch (if you have one) and the Climate control itself. More than likely the CC is fine, do you have A/C manifold gauges to check and make sure the low is not low and the high is not too high? It could be you have a bad low/high pressure switch, low on freon, have too much freon, a blocked oraphus tube/expansion valve, condensor, evaporator (although unlikely), too large of a gap on your pressure plate on the compressor causing it to overheat and shut down. A bad in car temp sensor telling the car not to turn the a/c on. I guess what I am getting at is we need more info. Vag it, then pressure gauage it, then report back.

Jeff