AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A6 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a6-9/)
-   -   Fucking Assholes (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a6-9/fucking-assholes-67698/)

prbayha 06-28-2007 07:20 PM

Fucking Assholes

Some asshole peice of shit motherfucker decided to pull into a open parking space on my drivers side. Not only did he decide to park, he decided to run his front right bumper into my left rear quarter panel. My car has been unexpectedly repainted silver with a green stripe...Sweet huh...It is 10 inches wide and 2 feet long. Took the paint down to the metal and the composite is showing on the bumper. So, that means this dirty prick hits the car, but instead of backing away slowly he decides he can still make it and keeps parking. Fucking dolt. Of course, no note, no sign, no nothing. Autobody guy is quoting me 3k + to respray the side of my car and replace the back bumper of which I just replaced 4 months ago due to another award winning, blue ribbon, 5 star fuckup. Am I angry? -- you bet! Is there anything I can do? -- unfrotunately no. I gotta take it in the ass. Where I work, you would expect people to have respect and there is no question this guy had enough $$ to pay for it. Unethical people drive me crazy. You fuck someones shit up ya better be ready to own up!

Mac_17 06-28-2007 07:28 PM

RE: ****ing Assholes

Hey I had this happen to me 5 times plus. Just contact your insuirance explain it was a hit and run and oay the detuctable. They can't raise your rates for it. Just my two cents. Hey someone just did it to me in my new car and I luckly have a friend in that owns a body shop, 10% of cost and a couple 20's to the body guys and its all good. But listen to this first week I have my car my b*tch ex decided she was going to key my car and key my car she did 6k worth of paint and damage. That B*tch wasn't happy when I sent her my bill.

prbayha 06-28-2007 07:38 PM

Yeah..it sucks huh? I already filed the claim and my deductible is only $300. What I am most upset about is having to be without my car for he next 3+ weeks. My autobody guy is the best in the state and he is BOOKED SOLID. He will fit me in as a return customer but still it takes forever. And $300 bucks is $300 bucks. I guess worse can happen...

twinturbomew 06-28-2007 09:56 PM

ideffinitly not cool. if sharing helps I had the same thing happen.

but I'm in the navy and all I can aford is plpd ins

so not only did my car get wacked on the passenger side but I had to save the money to fix it. about 1 week before I took it In to get fixed some other rocket fken sientist decided he wanted to do the same on the other side.....when I get back from my service tour I get to try body work 101... deffinitly sucks we all feel your pain.....I did enjoy your color comentiary tho

Joeski 06-29-2007 10:22 AM

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, but if it numbs the pain, it has happened to me too! Remember........People Equals Shit!

OOOO

andrieso 06-29-2007 10:58 AM

RE: Fucking Assholes

If someone else causes the damage you can blame them. But if you are responsible, eish! It happened to me. My 2.7 was at the dealer, during which time I had to make do with a Bravo Mike Whiskey 318. I got back the Audi, drove into the garage, with a sharp left turn before entering, forgot that the A6 is much longer than the said rival car and took along most of the paint and cement on the pillar between the two garage doors. The wheel arch is now, let's say, "less aerodinamically efficient" than before. And the champagne bodywork and sea green pillar colours don't go together well.

Cost to fix: 5700.00 ZAR. That's 808.00 USD...

Redeemer 06-29-2007 04:09 PM

If this happened where you work, can't you just be on the lookout for a vehicle that has some of your paint on it?

bob494 07-01-2007 02:21 PM

Are the expletives required to show your level of anger, or to show your lack of ability to convey your thoughts in a civil manner. I may be the only one hereoffended by your post, butrest assured I am offended and see no need forthat type of language.

prbayha 07-01-2007 10:07 PM

Bob...your a dork..dont read it if you dont like it...NEWBIE...

a4BRZLowrider 07-01-2007 11:06 PM

ORIGINAL: bob494

Are the expletives required to show your level of anger, or to show your lack of ability to convey your thoughts in a civil manner. I may be the only one hereoffended by your post, butrest assured I am offended and see no need forthat type of language.
has that happened to u??? i guess not

katcoota 07-02-2007 03:22 AM

I think anyone who has had a car for over 10 years would have had a similar experience, unless they are very lucky. Yours does sound quite bad. A picture would be more than a thousand words. Although your write up was intersting.

I have seen something similar happen before my eyes. A person went up the wrong way in a shopping centre parking lot. Then decides he will park, and he hits the other person's car and redefines the driver sides two doors with new aerodynamic shapes....I waited a few seconds to see what the offending driver was going to do once he got out. Guess what, he was just going to walk away. Didn't even bother to look. Anyway,I couldn't stay there and just watch. I went and almost had a go at him.

I say almost, because I then I remembered that I was in a foreign land, with different rules, and some weird people.I asked him to leave details on the hit person's car.

I wonder if the poor person whose car was hit got the details....

ppgoal 07-02-2007 10:53 AM

Sorry to hear about the hit&run. I don't blame you for all the **** expletives. Hope it makes you feel a little better.
If you are offended, don't read the post. You should have know what to expect from the subject. And the rest of you, no name calling.
There's one lesson I learned a long time ago. If you have a nice car, park as far away from the rest of world as you can. My wife understands and is willing to walk the extra 10-20 parking spaces that I put between me and the rest of the careless parkers. Does it help? Usually. But I invariably come out to find the biggest POS in the parking lot right next to me even though they have 100 parking spots to chose from and there is no reason to park RIGHT NEXT TO ME!! If I have to slide into a parking spot, I try and chose one on the passenger side of the other vehicle on the assumption that I have a 50-50 shot of no passenger (100% of the time there's a driver). I also chose to park next to sedans (4-door) rather than coupe (2-door) when possible as the shorter sedan doors don't reach as far.
And walking is good exercise.

katcoota 07-03-2007 03:52 AM

Another thing I do when I have no choice but to part next to someone else's car is to pick the nicest/most expensive car I can see.

Th idea being that hopefully the owner will then want to look after their car just as much as I would mine. So they would be more careful when opening their doors.... at least that is what I hope.

prbayha 07-03-2007 03:27 PM

I agree...My wife is the same way. I don't see a problem with walking a little further to keep your car the way you parked it. (no new body curves). I also tend to pick out the two nicest cars to park next to. FYI -- I did park next to a brand new M3 when I arrived at work, but the M3 was gone when I left. So, it just boils down to bad luck. In regards to the anger, more like frustration, i am over it. I am the type of person who only stays mad/angry for 10 minutes or less. Its just not worth the added stress. Although, this morning my auto body guy calls with an update: They have to re-spray the whole side ofthe car, base and clear and replace the bumper wher it is pushed in and also do some fender (widebody) bodywork. What a shame to have to do this to the car. I am without for close to a month...I will be driving my 1980 Dodge D50 for awhile...she's a reliable runner!

katcoota 07-04-2007 02:17 AM

I hope the body shop do a good paint and body job. At least out of all of this you have ended up with a nicer looking sidefor the car.

Polka Salad 07-06-2007 10:46 AM

I still hate things that happen in parking lots because that is the one time people don't have anything else to worry about but parking their car. I was driving a 1991 Potiac Grand Am and my brother was getting a new car for college (he ended up getting a Volvo) and I was getting the (more sporty more fun) 95 Pontiac Bonnievelle and I was in the bowling alley parking lot looking for a spot and I couldn't see around the corner so i was inching out looking for a spot and here comes this guy in a ford f-150 super duty going the wrong way doing about 45 and hits me right in front on the tire and totals my car. It also sucked because it was on private property so there wasn't any fault. Here are some pictures I took with my webcam of my phone because I can't get the pictures from my phone to the computer (i plug it in and it just doesn't want to work) So they aren't the best quality.
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...d/Picture1.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...d/Picture2.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...d/Picture3.jpg
is that happened to my Audi I don't even know how pissed I would have been.

Poor Person 10-05-2007 02:48 PM

RE: Fucking Assholes

I always park my piece of **** at the very far end of any PL. I don't think that people are that F***ed-up. I think they more afraid of how you are going to act?

I think about it this way (By the way I am a little bit stupid). How long has it been since you had an accident that was your fault? Multiply your yearly prem by the amount of time that has lapsed, since your last at fault accident

[sm=WTFsgign.gif]call your insurance company and tell them you would like to spend some of your money to get your car fixed. Your insurance company has made an "Donkey-load" of interest off of your money, that is sitting in their account!

I think the only benefit to having an Insurance Co., is so that we can be pimped:)We make allof the money, and they reap all of the benefits...Ah....Excuse me.... Hasanyone see what I did with my straight jacket... the doCTOR IS GOING TO BE ANGRY...

That is my time... Thank you... God Bless...

tahoehtp 10-05-2007 03:30 PM

Just suggestion or something you might want to check.

Did ya ever asked the owner of parking lot if there is any security cameras in parking lot? or where you parked, is there any gas stations or store near by that might have camera pointing to that direction?
if you report hit and run, and have police record, maybe they can check around for that since the damage is very expensive. all need is a video shot with license plate. you might be in luck.

it happend to my friend while ago. actually caught the guy that hit his car. parking lot had camera, police saw the tape nice clear license plate number.. they actually caught the guy and he paid for my repair and big fines etc...

saintforlife 10-05-2007 05:13 PM

Security Cameras is a good suggestion. But this incident happned 4 months ago, so I am guessing his insurance already paid for the repairs, so what is the point in pursuing that angle now.............unless the insurance company wants to get back their money.

tahoehtp 10-05-2007 09:15 PM

Oops I guess wasn't payin enoguh attn to the date....
but hey wel if anyone gets it in future that's something to kep in mind.
;)

prbayha 10-06-2007 02:59 AM

Ha.....I was suprised to log-in and see this post has been brought back from the dead. The car has been fixed and the guy did an awesome job. My insurance anty up'd and my premium didn't increase. It just boils down to sh***y luck. Karma sucks and the guy/gal that hit the car will get thiers soon enough...that's how it works...

Gr3gA6 10-08-2007 11:50 PM

true that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!