Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel filter and gen q's

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 04:25 PM
1st Gear
Default Fuel filter and gen q's

I think I have an issue with my fuel filter on my A6 Avant Quattro 2.8l 30 valve. Around a month ago I was getting gas at the station and the gas pump was going very very slow, as slow as I have ever seen a pump release gas. I'm thinking it was the bottom of the stations tank and may have gotten dirty gas in my car. Shortly after that, with a day or two, my car started chugging. It chugs when it idols from time to time and when I accelerate. It doesn't stall completely it just seems as if its having trouble sending gas to the engine. Is there a cheap way to take care of this? I don't have a lot of money and don't have an Audi tool kit. Maybe something I could pour in my tank? If not, how much would replacing a fuel filter cost on average? Any good websites to buy parts from? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Daniel

Old 01-07-2014, 06:01 PM
Former Sponsor

20.89 for the 441-201-511-C fuel filter if that's the one your year car takes, I'm pretty sure it is. In stock plus 8-10 dollars shipping also. I'm not a huge fan of fix-it-in-a-can but if anything might work in this situation maybe some gas drier. Maybe you got some water in the gas from that station? I'm in Oregon, so we can't pump our own gas which sucks. I wonder if the nozzle was damaged or only had the lowest flow setting as a setting point for the handle so you could walk away from it? The only time they let us handle our own gas flow is for street bikes. I had my dirt bike in the back of my truck and the Chevron manager came out yelling at me that I couldn't fill the tank on my dirt bike when strapped down in the back of my truck, but a street biker can fill his own tank. Sorry, I'll stop ranting now.