Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GIAC chip for the transmission.

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 03:32 PM
Default GIAC chip for the transmission.

“When you chip your car, how will the transmission hold up?” I asked this question so many times and no one on here could give me an answer.
I searched Yahoo and fount a chip for the transmission if anyone is interested.
http://www.4induktion.com/catalog/pr...roducts_id=119

Old 08-29-2007, 03:54 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: GIAC chip for the transmission.

Yeah that is a GAIC tip chip. I am sure everyone knows about it. All it does is make your transmission shift faster. It wont necessarily help make your tranny last longer. As for being worried about your tranny after chipping, it will be fine. It's only if you are going to be doing real crazy stuff like stage III that you will kill it. There are tons of people that chip there tip s4/a6 with no problems.

Old 08-29-2007, 04:12 PM

Anyone on here have the transmission chip?

Old 08-29-2007, 04:41 PM
1st Gear

2k S4 does....I'm sure if you PM him he would be happy to answer any questions you have about it. There might already be something if you search for GIAC TIP.

Old 08-29-2007, 06:19 PM
1st Gear

Anddd ofcourse is not for the 3.0 lol

Old 08-29-2007, 07:03 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: alias747

Yeah that is a GAIC tip chip. I am sure everyone knows about it. All it does is make your transmission shift faster. It wont necessarily help make your tranny last longer. As for being worried about your tranny after chipping, it will be fine. It's only if you are going to be doing real crazy stuff like stage III that you will kill it. There are tons of people that chip there tip s4/a6 with no problems.
Is there a post or a link to show that a Stage III upgrade will "kill" a tiptronic transmission? I would like to read any personal experience from people who had "kill" an automatic transmission with Stage III.

Thanks

Old 08-29-2007, 08:38 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: ferrari
Is there a post or a link to show that a Stage III upgrade will "kill" a tiptronic transmission? I would like to read any personal experience from people who had "kill" an automatic transmission with Stage III.

Thanks
Yes, I have a TIP chip, it just lets you shift later in the RPM"s & it shifts faster. It will do nothing "bad" to the trans.

It can hold STGIII power with out a problem, there are MANY people running a stock trans with S3 power. There is a seal in the TC that fails, to my knowledge, no one has "blown up" a TIP trans, just the TC's.

Old 08-29-2007, 08:56 PM
2nd Gear

Thanks
Sorry I meat torque converter I just wasn't being specific enough. My bad.

But yes, when I had my A4 I know that was a big problem with upgrading a tip, you could do it. But there was a big chance that the TC would crap out. Thats why you could upgrade to Level 10 TC. As with a stock clutch on a manual can only handle so much power before you have to get a beefier upgrade, a stock tip tranny is made to only handle so much.

Old 08-29-2007, 10:37 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: alias747

Thanks
Sorry I meat torque converter I just wasn't being specific enough. My bad.

But yes, when I had my A4 I know that was a big problem with upgrading a tip, you could do it. But there was a big chance that the TC would crap out. Thats why you could upgrade to Level 10 TC. As with a stock clutch on a manual can only handle so much power before you have to get a beefier upgrade, a stock tip tranny is made to only handle so much.
Cool, understood. In other words you can go stage III with an automatic transmission but more likely you also have to upgrade the TC for the extra power produced by the bigger turbos and new tunning.

Thanks

Old 08-30-2007, 12:16 PM
3rd Gear

Cool, understood. In other words you can go stage III with an automatic transmission but more likely you also have to upgrade the TC for the extra power produced by the bigger turbos and new tunning.

Thanks
No, you do not have to, it's more a safety thing, as you don't want to have to pull the trans again. You can run fine with the stock TIP.

Quick Reply: GIAC chip for the transmission.