Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my new wheels on!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 12:57 PM
1st Gear
Default Got my new wheels on!

I already know 3 things:
1.) "everyone has these wheels now", "those wheels are overdone", etc...
2.) "you need to drop that thing", "coilovers", etc...
3.) "You need spacers now"
All that being said, I've been looking for a good deal on a set of these wheels for awhile now, and ended up getting a great deal on a set of OEM 2008 S4 wheels and tires. They're 18x8 w/ a ET43. They do extend a good deal further than my stock 17's, but I know I could bump them out further to fill out the well better; I've already looked into it.
It does feel and appear to be riding higher even with my sport suspension. I was under the impression that a 235/40/18 would be the same diameter and height as my 17" tires, but apparently it's the difference in wheel size...I've priced out the Koni FSD/Eibach kit which I know would make a huge improvement in the overall appearance of the car. I'll have to wait at least until after i take my wife away for her birthday in August, so we'll see...
All said and done, I cleared my headlights on Thursday, picked up and installed the wheels this morning, and OH MY GOD does the car ride SO much better!! 3 of my stock wheels were bent and had been balanced pretty well, but after the winter the ride was total crap again. The two front tires needed to be replaced and probably wouldn't have passed inspection in July, so the timing was perfect. Rides like a new car again, and there are less than 500 miles on the tires, as the original S4 owner bought the car and replaced the wheels and tires in the first week!
I love the results, despite the additional items that could make it look even better (spacers, lowering...), and I've never seen these wheels on any other car around here other than the new S4's, though I know alot of the Audi community across the country has them; it's all good!
Before's and Afters:

And yes, that is my damn thumb in this picture...[headbang]

Anyway, there she is!!

Old 06-27-2009, 01:14 PM
3rd Gear

she looks like a diff car with clear corners and new wheels.
Nice

Old 06-27-2009, 01:43 PM
1st Gear

Thanks! I was surprised at what a difference the clear corners made by themselves, especially with the Avus Silver, but I'm thrilled with the addition of the wheels!

Old 06-27-2009, 02:37 PM
2nd Gear

Wheels look great.

Old 06-27-2009, 02:44 PM
1st Gear

Thanks! i see in your sig you have some upgraded OEM wheels yourself! Any pics?

Old 06-28-2009, 07:43 AM
2nd Gear

I am somewhat technology challenged but here are the same rims on a white C6, my C6 is blue.

Attached Thumbnails Got my new wheels on!-rims.jpg  
Old 06-28-2009, 07:49 AM
1st Gear

Looks good on that car! What size are yours?

Old 06-28-2009, 11:55 AM
2nd Gear

I stuck with the same 18 size the car came with. I was concerned the ride would be too harsh if I went with 19s or 20s.

Old 06-28-2009, 07:24 PM
1st Gear

Looks great man; I have been thinking about those myself. If your car had badges, they'd be twins!

Old 06-28-2009, 07:48 PM
1st Gear

I did have badges until a few months ago. I was on the fence about debadging, but it's been one of my favorite "mods"!

Quick Reply: Got my new wheels on!