Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyones positive batt wire break?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 04:34 PM
1st Gear
Question Has anyones positive batt wire break?

I think my positive power wire to the battery broke, cuz all i see is blue dust or some ****.. has anyone replaced theres before?

Old 11-19-2008, 08:16 PM
1st Gear

can you see some wires?

My car works, but i think i must of broke it with my subs, i got two twelves goin with no capacitator and some times i crank it! and the volt meter would jus bounce... is this hard to replace?

Old 11-20-2008, 11:50 AM
3rd Gear

That is a weird place for battery corrosion build-up. Perhaps the insulation somehow got torn? Anyways, why don't you just clean it and see. Unless you are ****, electrical tape does wonders.

Old 11-20-2008, 12:26 PM
1st Gear

insulation probably got cut or chaffed during a battery change, but its not broken. cant say I've seen corrosion like that on another car, clean it up and some electrical tape or heat shrink will work fine to seal it back up.

Old 11-21-2008, 09:53 AM
1st Gear

ya i jus wasnt sure if i could just do that, ill do that today and let yall know the outcome, see if my amplifier will work again cause it stopped working, guess wasnt getting enough power :S

Old 11-21-2008, 12:16 PM
3rd Gear

Get some battery cleaner, terminal grease, and electrical tape from AZone. Clean the area -apply the grease and wrap the wire with tape.

While your at it - clean the terminals and apply a little terminal grease to them also...

Old 11-21-2008, 04:44 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by NH_USA
Get some battery cleaner, terminal grease, and electrical tape from AZone. Clean the area -apply the grease and wrap the wire with tape.

While your at it - clean the terminals and apply a little terminal grease to them also...

to add...

make sure that the connection is securly on the positive battery terminal.

Get a wire brush and clean all of that corrosion off.

Try to look for insulation tape. Similar to electrical tape but, it is a lot thicker and is meant for wrapping higher voltage hardware. It offers more protection than electrical tape. Overtime the electrical tape will break down and the problem will re-occur.

Old 11-22-2008, 08:51 AM
1st Gear

well I used baking soda and a little water, and a metal brush , the stuff got pretty hard, I guess its been like that for a while but I used that n cleaned the terminal and user some sand paper to clean the ring and taped it up with electrical tape , alot of electrical tape! And voila , no problems except my amp still don't work I thought it wasn't getting enough power because of the break but guess I was wrong, but I got it clean and I'm going to replace the wire latter on

Old 11-28-2008, 01:12 AM
1st Gear

Has anyone ever replaced theirs on here?

Old 11-28-2008, 02:35 PM
1st Gear

?????????

Quick Reply: Has anyones positive batt wire break?