Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hell yeah

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 09:22 AM
1st Gear
Default Hell yeah

So I finally did it. I bought a 2001 A6 4.2 yesterday and from my 1 day of ownership I must say that I love the car. The thing hauls ***. It's in really good shape inside and out - but there are two things that are going to drive me nuts. 1. The little compartment that is next to the speaker on the front passenger side door will not stay closed. I have no idea how the thing latches. Any suggestions? 2. The cup holder in the dash is missing the cover - it works fine but it looks kinda busted without a cover. Any idea where I can just get a cover and not a whole cup holder?

Pictures to follow!

Old 04-20-2008, 12:10 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Hell yeah

You have to just play around the Compartment. Mine is the same way i havent really figured out what causes it to latch or what not. Just by trying hundreds of times hhaha

Old 04-20-2008, 01:59 PM
1st Gear

haha, i usually get angry at it and hit it shut. probablly not great for it in the long run. oh and sometimes shutting it really softly with latch it.. ahhH! i dont know what to do

Old 04-20-2008, 02:28 PM

I hate that thing... I found the key is love and a soft touch.... followed by a slap and slam haha. generally though if you let it open all the way and push really hard in it will close... I love that spot though I leave my wallet in there all the time. The car has been broken into 2x, (nothing is in my car of value, well my foakleys were missing) But the wallet survives every time!

Old 04-20-2008, 03:42 PM
2nd Gear

Enjoy the fun of the 4.2 on the open highway.

Old 04-22-2008, 10:31 AM
1st Gear

you cant really find the front cover for the cup holder cuz its glued onto the base of the cup holder. so you gotta replace the cup holder itself. its not hard to find. try ebay or car-parts.com.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:44 PM
2nd Gear

there is a diy on cupholder replacements on audidiy.com i think ... post some pics man i wanna see ur car

Old 04-22-2008, 11:44 PM
2nd Gear

congrats, great car!

Old 04-23-2008, 01:24 AM

Gigi with a new SIG?? I always thought to myself, I wish Gigi would have a sig with the DTM's and my prayers have been answered. Great looking car man.

Pig Farmer I really want to see pics of your car. What color? silver...

Old 04-23-2008, 02:13 PM
1st Gear

I ordered some bogus cupholder from Hong Kong off of ebay. It was 20 bucks plus 20 for shipping - lame. I just hope the cover fits - if anyone is interested in a cupholder sans cover in about 2 weeks, I'm your man. The little compartment door is driving me crazy - it will not stay closed. I'm a little ADD with car interiors. Now I am determined to find out how this thing latches - it is a mystery to me. Unacceptable.

Pictures are coming soon. I don't have a digital camera so I will have to borrow one this weekend and snap some pictures after a nice washing. It's dark blue (is that the Ming Blue color?) with charcoal leather. I love this thing!!

Quick Reply: Hell yeah