AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A6 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a6-9/)
-   -   Hella Smoked Tail Lights!!!!! (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a6-9/hella-smoked-tail-lights-74552/)

Retard Riot 686 09-08-2007 12:17 AM

Hella Smoked Tail Lights!!!!!

Hey Guys looking for Hella Smoked Tail Lights for my 99 A6 ive been looking everywhere can anyone help me PLEASE!!!!

desairs 09-08-2007 12:57 AM

RE: Hella Smoked Tail Lights!!!!!

Here you go buddy i think this is what you need

Tail Lights

Retard Riot 686 09-08-2007 09:52 AM

Wow thanks so much. I was was looking all over last night for these. Seriously I must of spent like 4hrs and all that kept popping up were O.E's Thank You So much bro!

marko_tomas13 09-08-2007 11:01 AM

Damn those smoked tail lights look awesome.
Beware though, they may be illegal in your area...

MiniSpdRcr 09-08-2007 01:37 PM

I have a pair of them on my black car in Oklahoma. Have had MANY police officers follow me with no problems. ~knock on wood~

marko_tomas13 09-08-2007 06:23 PM

ORIGINAL: MiniSpdRcr

I have a pair of them on my black car in Oklahoma. Have had MANY police officers follow me with no problems. ~knock on wood~
Its like license plate covers here in Toronto, i've never had a problem even though they're technically "illegal."
I think in the spring i'll pick up a pair of the smoked tail-lights and cross my fingers.

Polka Salad 09-09-2007 06:02 PM

I was thinking about it as well but I herd one of my friends saying that he got rear ended with smoked tail lights and he got the ticket and so far i have been rear ended twice in the few months I have had my car so for now I am going to wait. He hasn't got any tickets for just having them just the one time he got rear ended. Personally I would get them on my car but I am going to wait until I am not a teenager and my insurrence goes down...just to be safe

Retard Riot 686 09-12-2007 09:33 PM

Good Point Polka. I too am a Teen and I agree that maybe i should just wait until my insurance and such goes down.

Boston Driver 09-13-2007 11:16 AM

Hella smoked tails are technically non-compliant with US DOT regulations because the A6 will no longer have a red side reflector (which is built into the factory tail lamp). You could get away with any potential "issue" with law enfocement if you keep the reflectors that come in the box with the smoked tails in the glove box or trunk. If you get pulled over, you can just say that you just installed these, and you were just waiting for the mounting hardware from the factory to mount the reflectors.

I have had NO issues with my Hella smoked tails, but others have.

Cappachinoo 09-13-2007 11:57 AM

ORIGINAL: Polka Salad

I was thinking about it as well but I herd one of my friends saying that he got rear ended with smoked tail lights and he got the ticket and so far i have been rear ended twice in the few months I have had my car so for now I am going to wait. He hasn't got any tickets for just having them just the one time he got rear ended. Personally I would get them on my car but I am going to wait until I am not a teenager and my insurrence goes down...just to be safe

It dont matter if your a teenager or not, the person in back of you cant see your tail lights. Your homeboy got the ticket because if you cant see the person in front of you tail lights, and in his case, he had something blocking his tail lights....in the police eyes, you dont have tail lights, which is a fine. Yea, it might look good or whatever, but you gotta think about other drivers too.

EnviedA6 09-13-2007 12:34 PM

I'd have to disagree with you Cap, some people are just morons. If you ever sat behind a driver of another A6, you'd notice that they have the middle brake light also. If you can't see that then you must be blind and shouldn't drive. The tail lights may be black but it doesn't take a genius to notice that there's a bright red light coming out the middle window. Cops just harass people period!! They have nothing better to do than bug people because something is different with there car or draws attention. Bottom line is that if they're legal then they're legal, no and ifs or but about it. If you can't see my brake lights, get some glasses or get off the road!!!!!!!!!!!

teranenrique 09-13-2007 01:31 PM

ORIGINAL: Cappachinoo
It dont matter if your a teenager or not, the person in back of you cant see your tail lights. Your homeboy got the ticket because if you cant see the person in front of you tail lights, and in his case, he had something blocking his tail lights....in the police eyes, you dont have tail lights, which is a fine. Yea, it might look good or whatever, but you gotta think about other drivers too.
HUH? Heres a good one:
You might be as dumb as a bug if you think tint or "smoked" blocks all light. (not towards you Cappachinoo).
I am sorry but I have had clear, smoked, tinted, halo ringed tail lights and people DO SEE when you stop. Beacause fact is light is still visible, and you can clearly tell when you press on the brake that they have INCREASED. If someone rear ends you and they claim the could not see your tail lights because they were "SMOKED" their just trying to get out of the ticket. Im sorry but you need to just punch them in the face. First for rear ending you , second for eating SHIT because thats the main reason.

Edit: I am also a teenager 19, I have owned Civics , Mustangs and all sorts ofsuper fast "racing" cars (<- HAHA!) Yes I have been harrased soo damn much for tints and other mods its not even funny, but even a man on his 60's 70's or 80's will get equally harrased. Most of the money created by tickets go to that deparment. Its like free money, wouldnt you want to cash in if you were the Mayor?

Cappachinoo 09-13-2007 01:57 PM

ORIGINAL: EnviedA6

I'd have to disagree with you Cap, some people are just morons. If you ever sat behind a driver of another A6, you'd notice that they have the middle brake light also. If you can't see that then you must be blind and shouldn't drive. The tail lights may be black but it doesn't take a genius to notice that there's a bright red light coming out the middle window. Cops just harass people period!! They have nothing better to do than bug people because something is different with there car or draws attention. Bottom line is that if they're legal then they're legal, no and ifs or but about it. If you can't see my brake lights, get some glasses or get off the road!!!!!!!!!!!
On my car,the 2 middle lights onthe trunk are fog lights, when I turn them on, there just bright ass lights, no brake lights, and the manual say dont drive with them on. The bottom line is, smoked tail lights are notlegal. Thats why there stopped selling tinted tail light covers, same difference.

Cappachinoo 09-13-2007 02:07 PM

ORIGINAL: teranenrique

ORIGINAL: Cappachinoo
HUH? Heres a good one:
You might be as dumb as a bug if you think tint or "smoked" blocks all light. (not towards you Cappachinoo).
I am sorry but I have had clear, smoked, tinted, halo ringed tail lights and people DO SEE when you stop. Beacause fact is light is still visible, and you can clearly tell when you press on the brake that they have INCREASED. If someone rear ends you and they claim the could not see your tail lights because they were "SMOKED" their just trying to get out of the ticket. Im sorry but you need to just punch them in the face. First for rear ending you , second for eating SHIT because thats the main reason.

Edit: I am also a teenager 19, I have owned Civics , Mustangs and all sorts ofsuper fast "racing" cars (<- HAHA!) Yes I have been harrased soo damn much for tints and other mods its not even funny, but even a man on his 60's 70's or 80's will get equally harrased. Most of the money created by tickets go to that deparment. Its like free money, wouldnt you want to cash in if you were the Mayor?

You can take it out of content it you want, but if your tail lights are not 100% visible, then there blocked.

Polka Salad 09-13-2007 02:29 PM

i think in the previous post he was talking about the lights in the window not the ones by the plate. The "bar" of lights that lights up when you break. I think being younger adds a little because if i were older and a ticket or something wouldnt affect insurrence as much (i say as much cause it still will just not to the degree as it would me now) I wouldn't mind having them smoked but as of now I think I would rather keep my car then have a moron hit me and my parents take it away :(

EnviedA6 09-13-2007 03:18 PM

The lights in the middle of the trunk huh? Does that light up when you brake, obviously not. That's why they're only used for emergency purposes, that's why you don't drive with them on. As Polka Salad stated, I was refering to the third brake light located on the bottom of the back windshied that you can't miss when you hit your brakes. Aftermarket tail lights emit enough lighting and are legalaccording to somestate and local statues, pending onwhere you live. But when you do purchase and exterior aftermarket parts, it always states that it is for off road use only.

Cappachinoo 09-13-2007 03:31 PM

The lights in the middle of the trunk huh? Does that light up when you brake, obviously not. That's why they're only used for emergency purposes, that's why you don't drive with them on. As Polka Salad stated, I was refering to the third brake light located on the bottom of the back windshied that you can't miss when you hit your brakes. Aftermarket tail lights emit enough lighting and are legalaccording to somestate and local statues, pending onwhere you live. But when you do purchase and exterior aftermarket parts, it always states that it is for off road use only.
Off road use only means Not street legal.

EnviedA6 09-13-2007 03:47 PM

So fog lights are illegal? Aftermarket bulbs, nitrous systems, certain tires, lowering springs, aftermarket performance parts and so on? Hmmm why don't they just say they're just illegal? As everyone takes the chance and purchases parts for personal use on their vehicle doesn't make parts non street legal. Everything is street legal as long as it used in a safe manner, BOTTOM LINE.

Cappachinoo 09-13-2007 04:51 PM

So fog lights are illegal? Aftermarket bulbs, nitrous systems, certain tires, lowering springs, aftermarket performance parts and so on? Hmmm why don't they just say they're just illegal? As everyone takes the chance and purchases parts for personal use on their vehicle doesn't make parts non street legal. Everything is street legal as long as it used in a safe manner, BOTTOM LINE.
When it comes to a safety device, like break lights, these's no, ifs, ands, or buts about it, if that safety device is not working like it should be, because of whatever reason, then you will get a ticket and its no fighting it. We can go on and on about this, but the bottom line is, tell the judge everything you told me andsee what he/she tell you.

When you buy a perfomance part and it say "Off Road Use Only", it minesits not street legal, its for the track or off roading only. And if you really want to get technical about it, once you put a off road use only part onto your car, your caris not street legal anymore, thats why you see track cars being pulledon trailers, because there not street legal anymore......thats the BOTTOM LINE.

EnviedA6 09-13-2007 05:05 PM

So then why are you on this forum, it your scared about what's legal and what's not, then cool. KEEP YOUR CAR STOCK AND DRIVE LIKE A GRANDMA. You don't need to know anything more about your car or what you can do with it :D

Cappachinoo 09-13-2007 06:11 PM

So then why are you on this forum, it your scared about what's legal and what's not, then cool. KEEP YOUR CAR STOCK AND DRIVE LIKE A GRANDMA. You don't need to know anything more about your car or what you can do with it :D
Drive like grandma, is that all you could come up with, you just mad I bust your ass with facts. What I got done to my car is on a need to know basics, I could have 1000 hp, i still wouldnt tell you. I do know that its not what you put on your car, its how you drive it,keep drive like a fool and you gonna keep gettin ticket homeboy.

EnviedA6 09-13-2007 06:48 PM

First off I'm not your homeboy,
Second, you have no facts to give. It's proven in every post, that you know nothing. Even in your own thread you started, you stated you knew nothing. You're pretty sad and pathetic to the point that I don't understand why I even respond back. You have no known knowledge to even create 1000hp, even if youwere competentenough, you would'nt know what anything under your hood did.
You should stick to watching TV and movies since obviously recited a line from "The Fast and The Furious" and the fact that you can't spell really well.
I'd be perfectly happy to get a ticket, since there are others who obide by the law and make sure everything is street legal before it hits the streets, like you. That's why I referred to you as a grandma, do yourself a favor and just sell your car and ride the bus. Maybe it'll be safer for you.
Third thing is that even if you had 1000hp, you wouldn't know what to do with it since everything you do is according to the law.
Have fun posting whatever lines to make you happy. All I know is you still know nothing, need I say more?

tmgolfx360 09-13-2007 10:11 PM

OWNED,, JUST GET YOUR DAMN LIGHTS

Cappachinoo 09-13-2007 11:22 PM

First off I'm not your homeboy,
Second, you have no facts to give. It's proven in every post, that you know nothing. Even in your own thread you started, you stated you knew nothing. You're pretty sad and pathetic to the point that I don't understand why I even respond back. You have no known knowledge to even create 1000hp, even if youwere competentenough, you would'nt know what anything under your hood did.
You should stick to watching TV and movies since obviously recited a line from "The Fast and The Furious" and the fact that you can't spell really well.
I'd be perfectly happy to get a ticket, since there are others who obide by the law and make sure everything is street legal before it hits the streets, like you. That's why I referred to you as a grandma, do yourself a favor and just sell your car and ride the bus. Maybe it'll be safer for you.
Third thing is that even if you had 1000hp, you wouldn't know what to do with it since everything you do is according to the law.
Have fun posting whatever lines to make you happy. All I know is you still know nothing, need I say more?
First off HOMEBOY, you have no common since what so ever, you have no idea what I know. I know that I don't have 1000hp and have no interest in getting 1000hp, that's just dumb, I like my car,and if your sitting up there thinking that Im trying to, then your dumber thenthe whole idea. I might not know anything about Audi's yet,I just got this, but I'll bust your ass with my I30, Oh and I know enough to prove you wrongaboutthe lights being not safe thats why your mad, so if your going toquote me, quote me with a fact that Im never right!
Fast and theFurious?, thats funny,I like big rims,so yea, I guess I do drive like grandmother, sorry about that, my baggage.
One more thing, I can't spell, spell check that old ass Audi you got,your car just starting pre-school, at lease mine's still potty trainning!

Four Ring Circus 09-14-2007 02:36 AM

I thought I was going to read a thread about taillights. I guess no make or model is without its retard following. I wonder if the Porsche forums deal with this.

EnviedA6 09-14-2007 11:04 AM

Yawn...you're just way too smart for me :D

Polka Salad 09-14-2007 04:58 PM

I think the jist here is that if you want to deal with the occasional cop that is going to question you about your tail lights go head and get them. They look cool and if that is what you want go ahead. I have seen them and been behind people with them at daytime and night and you can clearly see them go on so personally I don't see anything wrong with them but I would personaly aire on the side of caution...but i have to side with EvniedA6 on this one

k4rr 09-20-2007 07:24 PM

I had them on my car for a while. Cops here where I live are bad about all aftermarket taillights. I tried telling him they were stock but they didnt belive me.