Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hella Smoked Tail Lights!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 12:17 AM
1st Gear
Default Hella Smoked Tail Lights!!!!!

Hey Guys looking for Hella Smoked Tail Lights for my 99 A6 ive been looking everywhere can anyone help me PLEASE!!!!

Old 09-08-2007, 12:57 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Hella Smoked Tail Lights!!!!!

Here you go buddy i think this is what you need

Tail Lights

Old 09-08-2007, 09:52 AM
1st Gear

Wow thanks so much. I was was looking all over last night for these. Seriously I must of spent like 4hrs and all that kept popping up were O.E's Thank You So much bro!

Old 09-08-2007, 11:01 AM

Damn those smoked tail lights look awesome.
Beware though, they may be illegal in your area...

Old 09-08-2007, 01:37 PM
1st Gear

I have a pair of them on my black car in Oklahoma. Have had MANY police officers follow me with no problems. ~knock on wood~

Old 09-08-2007, 06:23 PM

ORIGINAL: MiniSpdRcr

I have a pair of them on my black car in Oklahoma. Have had MANY police officers follow me with no problems. ~knock on wood~
Its like license plate covers here in Toronto, i've never had a problem even though they're technically "illegal."
I think in the spring i'll pick up a pair of the smoked tail-lights and cross my fingers.

Old 09-09-2007, 06:02 PM

I was thinking about it as well but I herd one of my friends saying that he got rear ended with smoked tail lights and he got the ticket and so far i have been rear ended twice in the few months I have had my car so for now I am going to wait. He hasn't got any tickets for just having them just the one time he got rear ended. Personally I would get them on my car but I am going to wait until I am not a teenager and my insurrence goes down...just to be safe

Old 09-12-2007, 09:33 PM
1st Gear

Good Point Polka. I too am a Teen and I agree that maybe i should just wait until my insurance and such goes down.

Old 09-13-2007, 11:16 AM
1st Gear

Hella smoked tails are technically non-compliant with US DOT regulations because the A6 will no longer have a red side reflector (which is built into the factory tail lamp). You could get away with any potential "issue" with law enfocement if you keep the reflectors that come in the box with the smoked tails in the glove box or trunk. If you get pulled over, you can just say that you just installed these, and you were just waiting for the mounting hardware from the factory to mount the reflectors.

I have had NO issues with my Hella smoked tails, but others have.

Old 09-13-2007, 11:57 AM

ORIGINAL: Polka Salad

I was thinking about it as well but I herd one of my friends saying that he got rear ended with smoked tail lights and he got the ticket and so far i have been rear ended twice in the few months I have had my car so for now I am going to wait. He hasn't got any tickets for just having them just the one time he got rear ended. Personally I would get them on my car but I am going to wait until I am not a teenager and my insurrence goes down...just to be safe

It dont matter if your a teenager or not, the person in back of you cant see your tail lights. Your homeboy got the ticket because if you cant see the person in front of you tail lights, and in his case, he had something blocking his tail lights....in the police eyes, you dont have tail lights, which is a fine. Yea, it might look good or whatever, but you gotta think about other drivers too.

Quick Reply: Hella Smoked Tail Lights!!!!!