Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 12:10 PM
1st Gear
Default Hello

Hello,

I am new to this forum. I have been thinking about buying a used A6 2.7T. What is the HP potential with this vehicle? I am assuming this vehicle does not have a 5spd. option other than the 6spd. RS version.

Need Help!! Details please

Danke,[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 07-03-2006, 01:01 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Hello

Welcome. It all depends on how much you want to put into it. For short money (well under a grand), you can modify the ECU using one of several "chipping" solutions out there and bring the HP from it's stock 250 to somewhere over 300 (just over). If you want to put in a new set of turbos and do other major modifications (several thousand dollars), you can bring it over 350.

As for the manual tranmission... You can get the basic A6 in a manual -- a good idea if you plan on doing lots of modding given that the tip tranny doesn't want much over 340 HP running through it. I have the six speed manual and love it. They are tough to find (relatively small percentage of A6es brought to the US had sticks), but they're out there.

You may want to check out Stoney's Links (see my sig for the URL) -- a great source of info for A6 owners.

Good luck with your search.