Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP ME PLEASE!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 11:48 PM
Default HELP ME PLEASE!!

Ok, where to start. I drive a 2000 audi A6 and i had a bit of trouble tonite. I came to my car tonite and it was completely dead it wouldnt even try to start. And i just got a new battery. so i popped my hood and looked at my battery and it looked like something was bubbling in between the metal of it.So i figured it was the corrosion from my subwoofers.After the cleanthe car started fine and i had about a 2 mile drive home.In that time my car turned off while i was driving four times and it would just turn right back onafter a second. And everytime it happened my car would jerk and the brake light in thedash would start flashing and make aloud beep sound.This was everything that happened and i was wondering if anyone knows whats going on. And i was wondering how do you even get corrosion and how can you stop it?

Thanks for everyone the helps me,I dont know what to do

Old 01-17-2008, 01:02 AM
Site Moderator
Default RE: HELP ME PLEASE!!

Something is loose, probably the ground. If the cables are tight, remove the battery and check the battery ground to the body of the car and make sure that is tight too. You might as well clean that connection too, and do the wiggle test.
(A wiggle test is shaking the wire and see if anything goes haywire at the same time to make sure there isn't a loose or broken/shorted wire in there)

Old 01-17-2008, 04:32 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: HELP ME PLEASE!!

Yea like tech said....sounds like a loose wire somewhere. You can buy some paste or gel (whatever it is) to stop your battery from getting corroded. you can buy it at most auto parts stores and I think they even have some in a spray can, just make sure to clean your terminalsreally good with a battery post cleaner before applying it