Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 11:44 AM
Default Help Please

I asked this question yesterday, and got notta. Asking again in hopes of getting a response.

Does anyone use a K&N oil filter on there a6?

There site doesnt list one when you search by car, but ive searched other sites and its said the HP-2004 model fits an 01 a6.

any help is appreciated!

Old 06-11-2009, 12:09 PM
3rd Gear

AutoZone carries the K&N oil filters.
Why don't you go to the trouble of calling them, or making a stop there while you're out shopping for groceries, and ask them what the system pulls up for your A6?

According to their online search engine, the the HP-3001 model fits my AFC engine, and HP-2005 fits AAH engines.
I would assume the oil cooler's threaded opening where the filter screws in is the same for both engines, so I don't know about the difference for the oil filter.
If nobody replied, it means they're not using that particular filter brand in their cars. I just recently put on a new Mann Long-Life version.
good luck

Old 06-11-2009, 02:16 PM

yea, the only thing autozone carries for my car is the stp. and ive never had a good run with one of those. I can put it on looser than a goose, and it takes all my strength to get it off 3000 miles later. Or, ill put it on even looser, and it will leak. cant win with them.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:13 AM
3rd Gear

The Autozone in Greenville must be understocked... You can always order online and pick it up at your store. They also carry the WIX filter, which is pretty decent according to many folks.
If it is too difficult to deal with your Autozone or with their website, you can always buy a Mann or Bosch filter from ArizAutohaus, EcsTuning, Blaufernungen, etc, etc.

Old 06-15-2009, 08:43 AM
1st Gear

this may not help at all...not really sure how your autozone is stocked but the one i go to has a lot of FRAM filters. i've been using the extra guard version (PH8994 for a 00 A6 2.7t). i really like them...haven't had any problems thus far.