Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help pleaseeeeeeeeee

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 02:59 AM
Default Help pleaseeeeeeeeee

I went to the Audi Dealer today to have them check my car. This is what they told me. “Upon Inspection found brake pad light is on due to cut wires to brake pad wear Indicators propellar shaft seal is leaking... Approximate $488.50 to replace left side outer tie rod end is worn and loose approximate $345.00 to replace with alignment."
Can some tell me if this is a fair price for the job? They charge me $110 for inspection which I don’t think they even did.
Also I bought an extended warranty when I bought my car.... Will the warranty cover the repair? It’s Buyer's Choice Inc. I got the Gold package 36months/45,000 miles

When I lock the door on my Audi two minutes later all the indicators light are flashing non stop when I unlock the door the flashing stop. Have any of you guys experience this problem before?

Old 11-18-2005, 06:01 AM
Default RE: Help pleaseeeeeeeeee

you need to contact your warranty company to see if your covered but I doubt it as the items you specify are normal ware and tare,
prices for such minor work are way over the top but that's Audi garages for you "try none Audi garage" they are just as capable of this work, alarm flashing like that generally means a fault check all doors and hood are closed

Old 11-18-2005, 06:24 AM
3rd Gear

If they didnt do an inspection, how did they find all those problems. Never seen a cut brake pad wear indicator wire, but the other two are fairly common problems.

Old 11-18-2005, 10:22 AM
1st Gear

the warenty should cover the repair and the cost of the inspection if the work
is performed at theat shop

Old 11-18-2005, 08:04 PM
1st Gear

I think he means the rotor cut the wire

Most likly the advisor fubared the explaination

Old 11-18-2005, 08:18 PM

I have seen these wires chopped many times and simple to splice back up or join the to complete the circuit, I have just fitted front pads to my motor and there is no wires at all to the pads probably the last owner chopped them out but in some cases like mine the break pads didn't have any ware probe in them and genuine Audi pads

Old 12-12-2005, 03:40 AM
1st Gear

Hey!
Sorry to hear about the problem... about the aftermarket warranty - I used to work at used car lot and sold a bunch of different warranties. I have to tell you this: if you can get them to pay anything at all, you will be luckier than most people that buy warranties on used cars. BUT!!! it doesn't mean you should stop fighting with them!!! By law they have to obide by the contract you signed when you purchased the warranty, so find your copy and go get them!