Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help + We can make mini guide (Headlight)

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 06:47 PM
Default Help + We can make mini guide (Headlight)

Ok here is the deal, one of my light bulb died and I want to purchase new set on ebay, but I don't want to buy the wrong ones. So I have picture that I edited to show you and whoever knows just answer please for thank you.

I am guessing the "GREEN" circle is "High Beam" and the "RED" is the regular ones, so i guess its called "Low Beam" (Thats the one that died). Anyways I want to know for each light bulb what kind it is and what they are called to make sure i am calling it right. The picture will be below.

+ I would also like to know what type of bulbs are the fog lights because they died on me too both of them. Thanks again everyone who helps I really appreciate it.

Attached Thumbnails Help + We can make mini guide (Headlight)-341-1114l-1.jpg  
Old 01-31-2010, 09:08 PM
1st Gear

Double check at the parts store, but my car uses H1 bulbs for the low beam. (Your lights look like mine.) Buy a pair, the other side will go out soon.

Buy good quality bulbs but do not go with any of the higher priced "upgrades." There is LOTS of good information on lights here: (MUCH more than most people want to know!)

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/p.../products.html

While it is possible to replace the bulbs without any tools, I use a screwdriver to pop off the cover clips.

Old 01-31-2010, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by m000035
Double check at the parts store, but my car uses H1 bulbs for the low beam. (Your lights look like mine.) Buy a pair, the other side will go out soon.

Buy good quality bulbs but do not go with any of the higher priced "upgrades." There is LOTS of good information on lights here: (MUCH more than most people want to know!)

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/p.../products.html

While it is possible to replace the bulbs without any tools, I use a screwdriver to pop off the cover clips.
Thanks, if somebody can confirm this it would be awesome. So if it is H1 I can get these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/H1-10...#ht_6444wt_978

right? they wouldn't like melt my cover or anything like that? (just some stuff I heard).

THX LOT.

Old 01-31-2010, 09:35 PM

I just found this Automotive light bulb store and they got like every light bulb for almost every car, and when i searched audi a6 2001 for headlight came two options (im talking about the low beam):

1st option: H1 - Without Factory HID (just like m000035 mentioned above)

2nd option: HID D2S - With Factory HID
now i am a little confused because how do i know which one i got also either way i get both in like 10,000k blue that i like so whats difference one is more powerful then the other? Anyways I want to change and i need to find out which ones i got if somebody can tell thx.

Here is this site that i have found

http://www.eautoworks.com/html/bulbS...01-Audi-A6.htm

Old 02-01-2010, 06:22 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by SilverAudiv6
Thanks, if somebody can confirm this it would be awesome. So if it is H1 I can get these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/H1-10...#ht_6444wt_978

right? they wouldn't like melt my cover or anything like that? (just some stuff I heard).

THX LOT.
http://www.danielsternlighting.com/t...blue/blue.html

Old 02-01-2010, 08:35 PM

What are you trying to tell me that blue is illegal or blue is not good or not to put it or what lol? im trying to find out which type of bulb I have to put and I know atleast like half people on this site must have replaced theirs probably dont see this or just too lazy to help out haha

Old 02-02-2010, 11:25 AM
3rd Gear

What are you trying to tell me that blue is illegal or blue is not good or not to put it or what lol? im trying to find out which type of bulb I have to put and I know atleast like half people on this site must have replaced theirs probably dont see this or just too lazy to help out haha
If you have HID light, then you need HID D2S. If you have regular halogen, then it is H1 bulb.

Do not get 10K "blue" bulb unless you are only going after the look. The light output is crap, and your visibility will be crap.

BTW, fog lamps are H3.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:44 PM

[QUOTE=hxgaser;1171493]If you have HID light, then you need HID D2S. If you have regular halogen, then it is H1 bulb.

Do not get 10K "blue" bulb unless you are only going after the look. The light output is crap, and your visibility will be crap.

BTW, fog lamps are H3.[/QUThanks btw for telling me the fogs i have to get those, but how do i know if i have h1 or hid d2s for the low beams??

Last edited by SilverAudiv6; 02-03-2010 at 06:45 PM. Reason: mistake
Old 02-04-2010, 05:43 PM
3rd Gear

Thanks btw for telling me the fogs i have to get those, but how do i know if i have h1 or hid d2s for the low beams??
You can usually tell by the light, but to be sure, you have a HID if you have a silver/metal ballast box attached to the bottom of the headlight housing. Halogen fixtures do not have that.

Old 02-22-2010, 01:13 PM

It says on the headlight cover D2S HID and right beside it says on the cover H7 so it means that H7 is high beam and low beam is D2S HID type bulb just want to clear that up.

Quick Reply: Help + We can make mini guide (Headlight)