Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hey forum, question...

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 03:08 PM
1st Gear
Question Hey forum, question...

I am still looking at upgrading my front and rear rotors. I don't want to do a big break kit yet due to the price. However, I have found a couple company's that have rotors that fit to the stock calipers.
Has anyone ever heard of achtunings breaks? Any good?
Here's the link to what I'm looking at:
StopTech 126.33096 Slotted Front Brake Rotors for Audi C5 A6 2.7T

I'd appreciate any help,
Cheers

Old 08-06-2011, 03:26 PM
3rd Gear

Stoptech makes a good product. I was considering replacing my rotors with slotted/drilled but my indie mechanic suggested against it. I don't drive aggressively and he said they are a little noisy. I ended up with Centrix premium rotors and a good low-dust ceramic pad. They work fine. If you check the forums, there's a guy that advertises drilled rotors at a very good price: adam woodhams [adamsrotors@me.com] I came close to buying a set from him, but he custom drills (there is a lead time) and I needed them immediately because I had ruined a rear rotor. I found one of the emails and he uses Centrix as the blanks.

Old 08-06-2011, 03:34 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by ppgoal
Stoptech makes a good product. I was considering replacing my rotors with slotted/drilled but my indie mechanic suggested against it. I don't drive aggressively and he said they are a little noisy. I ended up with Centrix premium rotors and a good low-dust ceramic pad. They work fine. If you check the forums, there's a guy that advertises drilled rotors at a very good price: adam woodhams [adamsrotors@me.com] I came close to buying a set from him, but he custom drills (there is a lead time) and I needed them immediately because I had ruined a rear rotor. I found one of the emails and he uses Centrix as the blanks.
Awesome, thanks for the reply. I was planning on doing the greenstuff pads with new rotors. Ill see what Adam can do.