Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HID

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 05:22 PM
1st Gear
Default HID

i am finally getting HID for my 2000 A6!! they're the whole HID conversion kit, my friend is hooking me up for a hell of a deal for like $470. I dont think HID was a factory option when the 2000 came out, but its all good cuz from what i heard philips is pretty good.. since they've been making light bulbs all there career.. ne wayz, if anyone is also interested, the more people order to more discount we all get!!

Old 09-29-2005, 02:18 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: HID

That sounds like a good deal. I know most HID conversion kits cost about $1300 installed. HID lights were a factory option for the 2000 model year. I have them on mine.

Old 09-29-2005, 02:56 AM
1st Gear

oh yea? my car is like fully loaded with nav and stuff... i cant believe HID was the only option i dont have on the car!! haha lol.. but watevaz... yea so i am getting this good *** deal u know.. hope its gonna be nice~

Old 10-03-2005, 02:48 PM
1st Gear

I got it on my 99' from the dealer.

Old 10-03-2005, 02:49 PM
1st Gear

I meant 98'

Old 10-03-2005, 07:02 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: abkyl

i am finally getting HID for my 2000 A6!! they're the whole HID conversion kit, my friend is hooking me up for a hell of a deal for like $470. I dont think HID was a factory option when the 2000 came out, but its all good cuz from what i heard philips is pretty good.. since they've been making light bulbs all there career.. ne wayz, if anyone is also interested, the more people order to more discount we all get!!
Yes, Xenon/HID was a factory option when the C5 A6 hit the market back in 1998. See my link below to my OEM HID upgrade (entire housings and all). The only major piece that you will be misssing will be the OEM projectors/optics...as most kits only provide the D2S bulb and ballast (made by Hella...and OEM'd by Phillips and others). Just make sure the back plastic cover on your halogen housings is sealed properly (after the wiring has been inserted) as you want to avoid unwanted condensation in the inner housing. For example, heat comes in the back of the housing from the engine compartment.....and it hits the inside front of the housing...and the front of the headlight is hit with cold from the outside of the car. Therefore, you are left with condensation on the inside of your housing. It is usually temporary and the housing is designed to funnel the water out of it.

Good luck!