Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HID autolevel, goes all the way down.

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 02:20 AM
1st Gear
Default HID autolevel, goes all the way down.

2001 A6 2.7T
I had a problem with my HID headlights, they would eventually point all the way down and would lock up there. I figured a solution to keep them pointing straight by doing a vag adaptation, and they would luckily point straight, then I found the fuse for the whatever autolevels it and pulled it out. Its been fine for over 3 years, but I was hoping to fix the problem now. Where is the autoleveling unit and how do i check it and did anyone have this problem, ideas, solutions?

Old 10-04-2011, 05:16 PM
2nd Gear

I also had this same exact problem (my driver's side light would always dip all the way down - not sure if my passenger side was just malfunctioning or what). The result of my "investigation" led me to find that the rear leveling sensor on the suspension was bad (as my vag-com indicated it was not receiving anything). I ended up pulling out the cable to the motor inside my headlamp which was causing it to go down (probably the same effect as pulling the fuse).

To fully fix you will have to check/replace both the front and rear auto leveling sensors and work it out from there. I was pretty certain that my wires were frayed/shorting in some places and it is not worth my trouble to replace them. Try to keep this updated if you can, I would love to see someone actually getting their auto leveling working again (I mean I would love to get mine to work properly again).

Last edited by nm3210; 10-04-2011 at 05:20 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:09 PM
1st Gear
Default headlight

What number position was that fuse you pulled?

Old 10-05-2011, 07:30 PM
2nd Gear

#10.

The actual unit is in the trunk, but it is usually the corner sensors that go bad. The sensors are a little over $100 each (except at a dealer...).

Bob