Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hidden EQ settings

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 09:24 PM
1st Gear
Default Hidden EQ settings

Hey guys, wanna see some of your EQ settings on your cars. So far I have just set mine to "63499537"

For those of you who don't know the hidden EQ it can be accessed on audi symphony I raidos I believe. In order to do so the radio must be off and hold the volume button down and hold the radio present 5. What should come up across the sceen is "55555555".

The first two values are for front bass, the first being low bass and the second being high bass. The third is for low treble and the fourth is high treble, it then repeats itself for the rear speakers as follows-ffFFrrRR

To adjust the value you use your volume **** and to cross over you use the "Pscan" button.

Also as a note my radio is a non bose system.

The way I have it set up is so that most of the bass is in the rear. You can put bass in the front speakers but the speakers in the front doors are actually not woofers, but they are midranges.

With that being said post up your settings! Although now that I just finished the car it seems I need to adjust my settings for my home system as, the car sounds better than my home system.

Old 06-26-2008, 12:25 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Hidden EQ settings

I have never heard of this, so after I read this I went strait outside and tried it for myself. I am amazed how much better my stock stereo sounds now. Thank you so much for informing me of this hidden EQ. I already forgot what I set it to.

Old 06-26-2008, 01:12 AM
1st Gear

Yeah np, I know not a lot of people know about this.

If you press and hold 2 it will show you the activity of the SVC, this is the control that compensates for wind noise and rasies the volume level. You can press while driving and see how much it goes up.

I believe if you hold PScan button you can change how sensitive it is, not sure which button it is, will check tomorrow.

Old 06-26-2008, 02:35 AM
1st Gear

any recommended settings?

Old 06-26-2008, 02:41 AM
1st Gear

It almost sounds like my stereo gets quieter when I go faster. I will check that out tomorrow.Can you do those things with the stereo off too? Can the car be on with the stereo off?

Old 06-26-2008, 02:43 AM
1st Gear

where do you get this info?

Old 06-26-2008, 03:39 AM
1st Gear

here is good info on it.

http://www.ibiblio.org/tkan/audi/radios/symphony.html

Old 06-26-2008, 11:18 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: ming4.2

It almost sounds like my stereo gets quieter when I go faster. I will check that out tomorrow.Can you do those things with the stereo off too? Can the car be on with the stereo off?
Yes in order to reset the SVC settings the radio must be off.

Old 06-26-2008, 11:21 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: alexfunari

any recommended settings?
If you have the bose system I've heard the setting "74386444" is good.

Otherwise I would suggest you tune your speakers one at a time. Tune only the front or rear not both at the same time. Also set your normal controls of bass, mid and treble to the middle, then adjust those after you are happy with your EQ settings.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:57 PM
1st Gear

I have the non bose with a 10" JL audio sub running off a 250 watt kenwood amp. I played around a little and this sounds decent:

I still may play around with it a little, but if you have a sub this may be a good starting point.

Quick Reply: Hidden EQ settings