Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HID's on 98 Audi A6

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 08:09 AM
1st Gear
Default HID's on 98 Audi A6

Hey guys, installed H1 hid kit on 98 a6 (quattro of course) worked for about 3 weeks, last night drivers side went out, passenger side still working perfect. switched bulb and ballast to passengers side and they both work like they're supposed to. So.... I stuck a needle ohm tester into the relay with that lights on, that goes all the way across the engine bay to reach the drivers side from the battery and got no light/positive reading. Stuck it into the passenger side relay plug and got a positive reading so looks like I'm not getting power to the drivers side ballast to power this amazing bulb.... ground is bolted in with the windshield washer fluid resivour so don't know if thats the best place for it. Bad ground maybe?? Going to check the fuses tomorrow. Also I have resistors hooked up to the OEM wiring so that I dont get error codes thrown on the dash board but I dont think that will effect and its still getting hot as heck so I know its working properly. So right now I'm driving with one H1 hid bulb on the pass. side and one halogen h1 on the drivers side. Looks retarded! suggestions? OH Yea forgot to mention this 2.8 is supercharged with pes g2, decent upgrade if you ask me.