Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Homelink Help ???????

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 08:18 PM
Default Homelink Help ???????

Has anyone successfully programmed their Homelink to a Rolling Code Garage Door Opener?
I have a 2003 A6 and tried everything mentioned in manual, only car I've had success with is our '03 Jaguar.
Help!

Old 04-09-2007, 08:20 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Homelink Help ???????

With my older door opener I had it programed. Just a few months ago I got a new door and opener and now im having the same problem.

Old 04-09-2007, 08:49 PM
1st Gear

i've had the same problem with my rolling code garage door. i've tried every set of instructions that i could possibly find, i've even gone to homelinks website and even that didn't work properly. if anyone actually has a set of instructions that actually work for me, i'd be extremely grateful.

Old 04-10-2007, 09:46 PM

me too![sm=exactly.gif]

Old 04-10-2007, 10:27 PM
2nd Gear

I had to purchase the Garage Door Opener Universal Receiver Kit to get mine to work properly.

Found here: https://secure.homelink.com/secure/shop.taf

Old 04-10-2007, 10:37 PM

Thanks for the link, there's no info on the product and how it functions, will it screw up my other vehicle that does work?

Old 04-10-2007, 11:07 PM
2nd Gear

The receiver plugs into an outlet (I plugged mine into the same outlet for the garage door motor on the ceiling) and then you hook up the wires to the garage door opener. The wires connect to the garage door opener using the same concept as the wall mounted button next to the door leading into the house. The only difference is you can use your wireless homelink transmitter in your car. The kit contains one clicker that you can put into a car that doesn't have homelink, but its primary use is to program the homelink button in your car.

Old 04-10-2007, 11:09 PM

Do you know if it will interfere with other vehicle that works with homelink?

Old 04-10-2007, 11:16 PM
2nd Gear

It shouldn't.

Assuming you have a second vehicle that is using homelink and can open the garage door using the current garage door opener, then no it won't interfere. If you have a second vehicle that has homelink then both vehiclescan share the samegDOuRK.

If you are referring to a neighborshomelink setupthen as long as the transmitters/receivers are not on the same channel/frequency it shouldn't be a problem. Chances of that happening are slim to none.

Old 04-11-2007, 02:04 AM

Thanks,
I might try it, I have an older car that won't work either. I would love to eliminate clickers.

Quick Reply: Homelink Help ???????