Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How can I tell CCM is bad?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 12:35 PM
1st Gear
Default How can I tell CCM is bad?

I have a 2000 A6 4.2 Quattro. I just replaced the driver door with a new shell and and pulled the wiring from the old one and installed that in the new replacement door.
Recently I replaced the battery and sprayed the car with water to rinse of some dust while the battery cover was not put back (stupid me). After starting the car, I noticed the sunroof now won't open and the passenger rear door window will not go up or down but it does partially go up a bit at a time when using the key in the driver door lock. All other windows and doors work fine...just the sunroof and the passenger rear door window won't work.
From research, possible causes are the fuses and comfort control module or the regulator (maybe). I checked the fuses in the fuse panel on the side of the dash and they look fine. I pulled out the CCM and unplugged it, re-plugged it and still the same.
My questions is, how can I tell the CCM is bad when the other windows work okay and the locks, interior lights also work but the sunroof and one passenger window doesn't work? Don't want to buy another part on this car if I don't have to.
Thanks in advance for any assistance.