Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How important is a camber kit/plates?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 09:11 PM
1st Gear
Default How important is a camber kit/plates?

Hi, as the sig implies, I just purchased Koni sport shocks all around as well as the H&R springs and H-Sport sway bar. I have yet to install them, but my mechanic is going to do it cheap since I help him with his computer needs. He did my timing belt and water pump for free, Zing!

Anyways, I am also getting a bad axle replaced and decided to go with the Meyle heavy duty front end kit w/ tie rods as seen at ECS. My question is, do I need a camber kit or plates and if so, how badly. I am already planning on having an alignment done. Please advise.

Old 08-02-2006, 11:42 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: How important is a camber kit/plates?

There are no camber "plates" available for the A6. Your only option to adjust camber are adjustable camber bushings from KMAC, or adjustable upper control arms (check our site).

You shouldn't have major camber problems with the H&R sport springs, so camber adjustment for the front shouldn't be much of an issue. If you encounter elevated tire wear problems, then camber correction would be necessary.

The rear has built in camber adjustments from the factory.