Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much would you pay for a 2007 Avant?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 06:53 AM
Default How much would you pay for a 2007 Avant?

I've been looking at an A6 Avant, 2007 for quite a while now. Well it's been on the lot of a local dealer since November. They started at 35K, 4 months later I think they've lowered it to 30K. I had offered them 28K about a month ago, before the latest drop, they had it for 32k when I offered the 28K.

They use the excuse it's an Avant. It is fully loaded with all the options available on the Avant. When it advertised at 32K he did offer to sell it for 30K but without the certified warranty to 100K. I'm thinking now they may take the 28K with the certified warranty.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:47 AM
3rd Gear

How many miles?
What motor?
Etc.

Old 03-16-2010, 04:30 PM

Mileage: 44,605
Body Style: Wagon
Exterior Color: Night Blue Pearl
Interior Color: Amaretto (upgraded)
Engine: 3.1L V6
Transmission: AUTO 6SPD
Drivetrain: AWD
NAV, Backup Camera, DVD system.

I think pretty much every option, sticker was at about 60K.

certified to 100K.

I just know that Audi gets nowhere near what the bluebook states. The bluebook for this one is at about 29K. But it's dealing with a dealer.
I never see the 2007-2009 for sale by a private owner.

Old 03-16-2010, 11:46 PM
3rd Gear

Audi's depreciate like crazy, but also at the same time, it is hard, if not impossible to find a late model Avant. You probably know being an Avant owner... A good source of local pricing is using Edmunds.com where the price is based on the previous sales around the same area. Around California, I would say 30K is high. I would wait a couple of weeks and give the dealer a call back.

Old 03-17-2010, 07:12 AM

They have had this car for sale since November, started at 36K.
I offered them 28K then and they turned me down flat.

Old 03-18-2010, 09:02 AM
2nd Gear

Of course they turned you down flat. Its part of the negotiation. You should call the saleman you were dealing with, remind them that you offered $28 k a couple of months ago and are now prepared to offer $27 k. After all, several months have passed and the car is depreciating while sitting there. Give them your number. Be nice but be firm. If they want to sell the car, they will counter offer. Be polite but refuse and reaffirm your $27 k offer. They will counter agian. Repeat the above, including walking out of the dealership a couple of times, politely, reaffirming your offer each time, until they come to you. Meanwhile, keep looking. If they want to move the car off their lot, they will come down to the 27 k. If not, let them keep paying the floor plan and taking the depreciation hit.

Good luck,

Bob

Old 03-18-2010, 10:53 AM
3rd Gear

You and the dealer are getting closer. Bob's plan looks good the $27K offer might **** them off but don't let them get to you.

I don't know how you plan on paying for it but another approach would be to show up with a $27K check (a lot of credit unions will pre-approve you and supply a check where you fill in the amount at the end to help with negoitations) and make the offer. There is nothing like real money "right now" to get things moving.

Old 03-18-2010, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by hxgaser
Audi's depreciate like crazy, but also at the same time, it is hard, if not impossible to find a late model Avant. .
No more then other lux cars in it's class and they're not built like an A6 IMO at least this applies to 05> finding a 07 Avant which meets all the "buying a used Audi dictum" eg: it must have all the service record documentation which shows where and when it was serviced by AUDI and since Bentley doesn't make a wagon I consider the 07 A6 if maintained, the best wagon in the world. So first off find out exactly what this car is worth marketwise check NADA and KBB for the estimate the car worth then remember the dealer payed several thousand under those prices---so now you have some leverage when you make that offer...I read 90% of dealers are happy making $1500 profit from savvy buyers but many times make more then that because the buyer's get caught up in the deal and know little about how things work enjoy!!!

BTW, you can usually find the perfect car which meets all the criteria but you may need to fly to get it. I had one dealer willing to pay my airfare if what he said about the car wasn't proven true.

Last edited by mystrodo; 03-18-2010 at 01:08 PM. Reason: spelin erors
Old 03-18-2010, 10:24 PM

I have to agree with the A6 wagon the best. When I have the dealer in Wilmington do any work on the car they give me a A4 loaner and there is no comparison. My 2000 Avant with 160K is so much quieter and a better ride. Much better than even the Mountaineer with less than half the mileage.

I will offer them 27K, have already gotten the approval from my credit union and a nice 4.9% loan rate.

I do have to admit that dark blue exterior with the brown leather is a good combination.

The million dollar question is what to do with my 2000 Avant, let my wife drive and get rid of her 1999 Camry which
requires pretty much no maintenance. Although it just threw the P0401 code 'innsuficient EGR flow' and after replacing
the EGR modulator valve it still runs like crap. so I guess I now take off the egr valve and clean it out.

Last edited by biotechsolutions; 03-18-2010 at 10:29 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:53 PM

Yes it'd be hard to get rid of a nice running Avant but since it's being replaced by an even better one...let some other Audi nut buy and enjoy it.

Quick Reply: How much would you pay for a 2007 Avant?