Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I am on my last Audi

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 10:23 PM
1st Gear
Default I am on my last Audi

I took my car in to the dealership yesterday for some service. Instead of getting one of the VWs or Audis they have as loaners, they had to outsource to Enterprise.

I am surprised they did this since I think I'd try to keep the customer out of any potential competitor's car.

So, I waited with baited breath to see what I would be hooked up with.

Let me tell you, I was very excited when I saw my ride pull up! First thing to catch my eye was the nice red color. Second was the fancy wheel covers hiding the steel wheels.

I knew I'd be in for a treat as this compact would provide me with some excellent gas milage.

Once on the road in this beast, I could not believe the feedback I felt in the steering wheel, through the gas pedal, or in the overall experience. I felt every gust of wind, as well as each vehicle that passed me.

Brakes - warped rotors or something, very confidence inducing!
Wheel - just a slight turn sends the body rolling

The curves were a real joy. I'd never experience body roll the way I did in the steed provided to me by Enterprise.

All this was provided by a Hyundai Elantra. I highly recommend all my Audi friends immediately sell their luxo/sporty cars and go get one of these!

I am really afraid to drive this car w/my son in it. Actually, I have 2 kids now so I wouldn't drive w/either of them in it! The wife gave birth to my 2nd son on the 15th.

I can't wait to get my A6 back!!! I feel bad for anyone who can't afford something better than the piece of dung in my garage right now.

Old 12-22-2007, 12:24 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: I am on my last Audi

Bad. Some cheapskate managing the dealership. Report this to Audi of USA. I have seen that the dealers usually have 4-5 Audis for loaners.

Old 12-22-2007, 12:33 AM
1st Gear

I usually get either a Passat or an A4, but they ran out of loaners so I had to go the Enterprise route. The dealership is paying for the rental, I may have forgotten to mention that. I am not slamming the dealership, just the rental car!

Old 12-22-2007, 12:38 AM
1st Gear

even if they are paying for it, they should have paid for you to get something equivalent to your a6, not something way waaaaaaaay cheaper.

Old 12-22-2007, 12:41 AM
1st Gear

Hey, what's $ 40 at NAPA for new rotors, and then you'll have a real cream puff...
We forget how good these Audi's ride/handle, we need a reality check once in a while. Hope you get yours back soon.

Old 12-22-2007, 06:39 AM
2nd Gear

Congratulations on the new child.

Old 12-22-2007, 03:49 PM
3rd Gear

Go to an enterprise lot and see if you find any luxury cars. Or anything thats costs more than 20k for that matter.

Old 12-22-2007, 04:37 PM
2nd Gear

Hyundai Elantra...Sweet...I am jealous. My car cost 70k new and I am still under warranty and you know what I got last time...? A chevroletaveo hatchback! Nothing against chevy's but this this made me appreciate the quality of AUDI...The only thing I loved was 450 miles to to a tank. This thing drove like it was 10 years old with 100K+ miles on it. The odometer read 150 miles when I picked it up. I told my service advisor if heever put me in a peice of sh*t like that again, I was going to flip. Last service, I got a A6 3.2 loaner.

Old 12-24-2007, 04:57 AM

Thats very poor form, They should not offer u anything less than what your currently driving and being a Luxury car marque the ideal think would be to give u something above your current ride so as to encourage an update Certainly another audi, not a hyundai.... very poor form, i guess thats what u get with outsourcing.

From what ive heard speaking to owners in oz, Lexus leads the way in terms of vehicle service/loan vehicles. Our local Audi Dealer has now started charging for loan vehicles.

Old 12-24-2007, 03:21 PM

I felt almost the same after driving Chevy Cobalt - small, smooth, gets enough response (150 hp on less than 1 tonn of mass). But... when you drive it more than 4-5 hrs - you start feeling uncomfortable. Suspension is like a day and a night - audi quatro is beatiful, it eats anything on the road. I cannot say the same for chevy - it's ok, but not that perfect.

Winter driving is another point - we have 3-4 monts of ice and snow and torsen did a great work to break through that :-)

The last and probably the most important point for me is safety... Did you see its crash tests? I saw a lot of Kia, Chery and other korean etc. cars. with outstanding damages on 40 mph - I will not choose it only because of this. Hyundai is not in that group definetely - but check this just to be sure about it.

Anyway - driving many cars - is a good experience :-) Thanks for this feedback