AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A6 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a6-9/)
-   -   I am on my last Audi (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a6-9/i-am-my-last-audi-85520/)

bobbyo 12-26-2007 05:56 PM

RE: I am on my last Audi

ORIGINAL: prbayha

Hyundai Elantra...Sweet...I am jealous. My car cost 70k new and I am still under warranty and you know what I got last time...? A chevroletaveo hatchback! Nothing against chevy's but this this made me appreciate the quality of AUDI...The only thing I loved was 450 miles to to a tank. This thing drove like it was 10 years old with 100K+ miles on it. The odometer read 150 miles when I picked it up. I told my service advisor if heever put me in a peice of sh*t like that again, I was going to flip. Last service, I got a A6 3.2 loaner.
Dude! Let's be fair here. I was fortunate enough to be able to trade my '05 Aveo for an '07 A6. Definitely a trade up, but my wife and I still miss the Aveo. You're comparing a $14,000 car (fully loaded and maxed out) to a $50,000 car- apples to oranges. For it's intended purpose (daily commuter and a thrifty one at that) it served very well- we never had aproblem and never had a complaint- it rode fine and had a peppy engine, more than able to keep up with the flow, and no maintenance issues whatsoever (had 8K miles when traded in). It also had a better turning radius than the Audi and was much more nimble around town- kinda gave you the go-cart effect, similar to my old VW Bug.

Just remember that for many people, these are all the car that they can afford, and I can tell you theycould do much worse than the Aveo. Be glad that you're able to buy more care car than that but also be glad that good, cheap cars are still available for those who need them.

'Nuff said.

Just remem

NH_USA 12-26-2007 07:24 PM

Some people like sirloin steak and other like Peanutbutter. [8D]

I prefer the steak!:D:D:D

ppgoal 12-26-2007 07:25 PM

I've been traveling a lot on business lately and rent cars every week. Since my company requires intermediate size I end up with Accords, various Toyotas, and an occasional Mazada 6 or Mercury Mariner. I know the cost of entry is a lot lower with these vehicles, but every time I drive on it justifies my decision to own the A6. It's comfort on the highway, stability in windy weather and rain, ability to plow through snow and slush, and performance justify the premium I paid to get it and the extra costs of maintenance. At 5 years and 108k miles, it is a far better car than these rental POS'.

muphasta 12-26-2007 10:22 PM

I got my baby back today, and it felt just like when I took her off the lot for the first time!!!

Man, I've never been so happy to drive a car in my entire life! Well, when I was 18 and driving an '84 Mustang vert.

It is amazing how solid these cars are. No brake "flutter", no blowing off the road, nothing negative!!!

As bobbyo mentioned, some people can't afford anything more than an economy car. I went from a Sentra to the Audi, and I really feel bad for those who can only afford something as bad as the Hyundai I drove.

I am super glad to have my Audi back though!!

auditech79 12-26-2007 11:09 PM

Hyundai's OWN LOL. [8D]