Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I had a boo boo today

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 04:02 PM
3rd Gear
Default I had a boo boo today

I was going around a dump truck that was parked in the middle of the road getting loaded with dirt from the new condos their building. I started to go around him, he didn't see me and since his load was finished took off and we hit. Who knows whos fault it is, all I know is that it sucks.

Jeff

[IMG]local://upfiles/25820/16C399927F7A434B8B943BA7F3D1A90C.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/25820/7996B326BAA9411CB320A4EFE88ADEE3.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-18-2007, 06:21 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: I had a boo boo today

Man, that sucks. Can you just fix the part of the bumper that is damaged or do you have to replace the whole thing?

Old 06-18-2007, 07:16 PM
3rd Gear

My ins adjuster said that they will replace the whole cover. Although I will be out my deductable up front (they seem to be leaning towards not my fault, his fault) I get a new bumper out of the deal. My old was pretty beat up after 125k of city living. Seconds after it happens, I get out of my car and it starts pouring rain and we both get completely soaked.

Oh well.

Jeff

Old 06-18-2007, 08:10 PM
1st Gear

Could have been much worse Jeff - if the damage is isolated to the bumper cover alone consider yourself lucky. I'm glad it wasn't bad enough that it set of the bags....that could get costly.

Old 06-19-2007, 10:13 AM
1st Gear

Jeff,

I feel your pain. I have to repaint my front bumper as well. My damage is not as bad as yours though. Baltimore received its first ice storm back in winter of courseand it was incredibly bad so my boss said to work from home. The next day I leave for work and I am behind a huge Ford F-350 that the dude obviously used for work...ladders and all kinds of crap was strapped to it (man I hate trucks with a passion)....well, he hits a bump and a ice berg size piece of ice falls out of his left rear wheel well and there was nothing I could do but slow down. The ice hits just below my drivers side fog light and cracks my paint to pieces. I am glad that the integrity of the bumper is OK, but now I need a decent paint job! GO FIGURE........you love your vehicle and this type of sh*t happens!

OOOO

Old 06-19-2007, 12:26 PM
1st Gear

Doesn't look that bad. I've seen a lot worse that has been fixed.

Having said that, if the insurance will get you a new one, go with that instead...

Old 06-27-2007, 07:52 PM
1st Gear

That isn't to bad at all.

If i were you, I would get a check from your insurance, then find a good used bumper your self and get it painted if needed and pocket the rest.... just a thought

Old 06-27-2007, 11:06 PM
3rd Gear

I plan on getting it fixed. What is difficult to see in the pics is that the bumper dented the hood and is shoved towards the passenger side about 1/2 inch. My hood is up about 1/2in on the drivers side and the drivers headlight is also bumped out. I thought of pocketing the 1500.00 bucks and just buy a bra, but I would really like the front end to be straight.

Old 07-02-2007, 07:57 PM
3rd Gear

I dropped off my car today at the body shop and picked up my rental car. A 2006 Chrysler Sebring with 18k miles on it. There is a world of difference between my A6 and the Sebring and about 20k in initial cost though. After owning a Camry for years, I can't imagine why anyone would buy a Sebring. I do like the exterior styling though, the inside looks like each component of the interior was designed by a different team, in different countries with no access to a telephone, email, fax or mail. The car is one giant blind spot, with two uselessly small mirrors that would inevitably in time be removed by the side of my garage. All in all, it’s a good match of power, styling and features for 23k if you don't enjoy driving and just traded in your 84 K car.

Good thing I only have to drive it until Friday. I was really hoping for a Corolla, or a Focus but they brought me a Sebring. Next time I will ask what they have first. Give me a few days of driving this thing and I'm sure I will have less positive things to say.

Jeff

Old 07-02-2007, 08:04 PM

i guess it is kind of night and day from what you explained. I test drove one before i got my Audi and it seemed too long for me just how it looked same with my friend's dodge intrepid

Quick Reply: I had a boo boo today