Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I just got my Audi!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 02:00 PM
Default I just got my Audi!

Hi everyone,
So I just picked up a used (new to me) 01 Allroad yesterday.I was looking at getting a A6 but saw this Allroad at a local Lexus dealer for a great price and couldn't pass it up! I know this is the A6 forum however the Allroad forum seems a bit dead so I figured I'd post here.
There is a couple things I was wondering though on upgrades. I was thinking of upgrading some of the suspention. I was thinking of adding a sway bar and Perrin Performance sway bar links found on this link: http://www.audiworld.com/tech/wheel42.shtmlfor the A6. Is it possible?
Also, the 2.7T in the Allroad should be about the same as a A6 correct? So getting piggie pipes and other upgrades as you would with a A6 would fit the Allroad that are found on the thread pined at the top ofthis forum (https://www.audiforums.com/m_468139/tm.htm)?

Thank you for all your help!

Old 03-08-2008, 02:36 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: I just got my Audi!

congrats and welcome. Love the Allroad, regret not hvaing bought one... Thera re plenty of used ones here with decent mileage under 20k... But got too much $ in my A6 now, if i chnage I gotta upgrade to RS6

I think you can use the same engine mods with no worries, not sure about the suspension upgrades though, you guys have a different setup?

Old 03-08-2008, 03:12 PM

That's the thing, I don't know if we have a different setup or not. I know with the air suspention bags/pillow/lungs (I've read a lot aobut them and everyone calls it something different) of coarse are different from the A6 but I do not know if I can use the same mod with the Perrin Performance sway bar links. Also, I found that it's quite a bit less parts out there for the Allroad.
I assume the engine parts for the 2.7t's between A6 and Allroad should be about the same, just wanted to verify it with you guys.
And I always use the search function first but I didn't seem to find anything on these questions.

Old 03-08-2008, 06:59 PM
3rd Gear

I'm pretty sure the engine is identical to a regular A6 2.7T. However, because of the different configuration of the body, the exhaust system may be different. You need to check with the parts mfr for fit.

Enjoy the AllRoad, it a versatile vehicle, but still an A6.

Old 03-08-2008, 09:00 PM
2nd Gear

engine is exactly the same at the 2.7t ... i had an allroad as my first car an 03!... as for the exhausr ppgoal is right but i believe its only different from teh cat back ... so piggies will work n manifolds ect... u will just have to get the allroad specific exhaust (which exists ive seen it when i was searching for my a6 2.7t exhaust)

the suspension is totally different ... the cool thing about the allroad is its look its different from an a6 and its unique and really stylish in its own way ... somethin about all the plastic and gray stuff and the polishe ddoor blades that makes it look good ... you will have to do some research on suspension but why would you wanna change that ... its the coolest part about the allroad!

good luck with it its a sweet car

Old 03-08-2008, 10:58 PM

I didn't exactly want to change the suspention, simply add 2 things.
Sway Bar
Sway Bar Links

I just want to reduce the body roll and add more stability for the suspention upgrade.

Thank you guys so much for the help!

Old 03-09-2008, 03:22 AM
2nd Gear

gigi seems to knwo about suspension ... i have some questions for you gigi aswell when the summer rolls around and i want my car slammed to the ground !!! any input