Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i think that my turn signals are possessed

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 12:12 PM
1st Gear
Default i think that my turn signals are possessed

Well first it started as a clicking coming from the dash. sounded like it was coming from the hazard light switch area. click....click....click. Then a few days later it sounded like it was having a heart attack. clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick. Then it suddenly stop altogether, unfortunately so did the blinking for my left and right turn signals. the hazard light still will blink and at a normal rate too but the blinkers come on and then dont blink.

I havent checked the fuse yet but does anyone know where the module that makes the turn signals blink is and what part number it is? perhaps even how to access it? thanks

Old 04-18-2008, 12:28 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: i think that my turn signals are possessed

your flasher relay is dead. Easy fix, had audi do mine for $75.00. I had the exact same problem a month ago.

Old 04-18-2008, 01:03 PM

My blinkers do the same, not the clicking, but often times ill flip the switch and the light stays on and does not blink... Now it doesn't do it and they work fine. Hmm we will see. Also WEED4LIFE your new sig is great. Looks much better than before.

Old 04-18-2008, 07:00 PM
1st Gear

well i replaced the hazard switch and now the clicking is going faster and harder than ever before. atleast the turn signals work again. So what does everybody think, perhaps the steering wheel stock?

Old 04-18-2008, 11:53 PM

Hey, I have a 2001 A6 2.7T and I had this same problem in early december. Well it started with the hazard switch.

Do you live in an area that has snow or a lot of rain?

Mine may be an extreme case but I figured I would share as a caution to others.

Here is the sequence of events that happend to my vehicle (this all happened within 3-4 days)

1. my hazard lights would come on when I would make a turn
2. My dash lights stopped working, I would have to turn them on and off repeatedly to get them to come on if they came on at all
3. lost all indoor lights including dash lights, vanity etc.....
4. Lost all internal power, door, windows, trunk

At this point I brought it to the dealer. There was some type of plugged gasket or drain in the engine compartment that lead to water pooling under the carpet in the driver and passenger footwells. (at first they tried to say it was melted snow from my boots, this was impossible because I do not have passengers and there was aprox 3" of water pooled in both footwells, there estimate not mine)

The water caused the "comfort control unit" to break and corroded a bunch of the wires that are under the carpet.

Luckily my vehicle was under extended warranty but it still took about 2 weeks to repair and dry out the carpets.

Then in February i started to have little electrical problems again, i did not wait brought it right back in and they said that they forgot a corroded wire, they replaced it.

Over the next couple of weeks i monitored the carpet in the footwells and noticed after a big snowfall they would get wetter, finally i brought back to the dealer and they found some type of leak near the firewall (or something like that). This time they guaranteed it would not leak anymore and gave me a 1yr written warranty against water infiltration into the footwells.

Sorry I don't have all the technical jargon down, but I wanted to share this story in case anybody else has a problem like this.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions and I can ask my service agent for specific terms.

There was some type of plugged gasket or drain in the engine compartment that lead to water pooling under the carpet in the driver and passenger footwells.

Old 04-19-2008, 12:07 AM
1st Gear

https://www.audiforums.com/m_797730/tm.htm

check this...it's the hazard relay