Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you have four rings on your front grille.... You are fortunate

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 08:26 PM
Default If you have four rings on your front grille.... You are fortunate

Inspite of all the bullshit I read in hear about these cars being a lemon, I think if you even have a drivable Audi and it takes you from point a to point b.... you are fortunate. I don't about the rest of you, but I never see an Audi like once a week around here. Lot's of beemers and mercedes.....but very little Audi's on the road. I feel like a super star in this car even though I'm almost broke. Like any other car....after five years, **** starts falling apart. But the difference is this.... I love fixing these machines. They give me a challenge!. I am always saying bring it on mother effer! Transmission broke.....I said " bring it on!" Got that boheemoth out and fixed it. It was fun. I also had a 2001 A4 and the timing belt broke. I took those heads off and put those 30 valves like new!. There is ALMOST NOTHING THIS CAR CAN THROW AT ME THAT I CAN'T FIX BY MYSELF AND ENJOT IT. But what irritates me is the small ****. I just dont have patience to find out why the **** the window button dont work or why is the car overheating. Simple **** like that want's to make me throw this car over a cliff. I can handle and engine overhaul and transmission overhaul....but I can't understand why small **** like this pisses me off about this car. I am addicted to this machine and my wife is getting jelous. I have to stop this obsession and hanging around this forum.

Old 05-16-2009, 08:32 PM

Is there an AA meeting in the USA? "Audis Annoymous"

Old 05-17-2009, 04:56 AM
1st Gear

LoL. I hear you on the AA meeting. I'm glad that you love Audis so much. We all probably would if we were as mechanically inclined as you. Instead most of us have to go spend about $120 and hour and scour the internet for parts or get ripped off by the dealerships. My car has had or needed about $13 in repairs in four years, I paid $14.5 for it. lol. Maybe one day, if I'm lucky, I will love my 2000 2.7 as much as you love your car, before I trade it for Benz convertible, 2001 SL600.

Old 05-17-2009, 09:45 AM

I work for BMW in SC as a Prototype engineer.

I could be driving a beemer for next to nothing through there lease program.

Yet, I still drive a car with four rings on it. Enough said.

Old 05-18-2009, 01:17 PM
1st Gear

lol, i thought this was a post about your grille falling apart or something.

Old 05-18-2009, 01:30 PM
4th Gear

Heh.. mine gets me where ever I'm going and I have the only one around

But what irritates me is the small ****. I just dont have patience to find out why the **** the window button dont work or why is the car overheating. Simple **** like that want's to make me throw this car over a cliff. I can handle and engine overhaul and transmission overhaul....but I can't understand why small **** like this pisses me off about this car.
I hear ya brother... My hair turns grey over little electrical crap, but I smile at tranny swaps.... maybe we're just wierd

Old 05-18-2009, 02:22 PM
1st Gear

i love my cars. and i feel fortunate to have gotten hooked on them. beats the crap out of driving... let say.... a honda.all cars have their issues. just remember dispite some issues you may have... your audi will always handle that much better and be that much faster then most other cars around.

Old 05-18-2009, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by madman1234509
i love my cars. and i feel fortunate to have gotten hooked on them. beats the crap out of driving... let say.... a honda.all cars have their issues. just remember dispite some issues you may have... your audi will always handle that much better and be that much faster then most other cars around.
X2...

Old 05-18-2009, 06:46 PM
1st Gear

I just hate when you have to go through 3 sets of coil packs before they actually work. and then go bad on you a month later. My Audi is nothing but problems. its throwing out 4 different codes right now.

PS its bimmer. beemer is the BMW motorcycles.

Last edited by Dylan19; 05-18-2009 at 06:55 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:27 PM

I have always wanted an audi when i was in turkey, my dad had a passat turbo diesel.
I loved that car, we never had any problems with it.
when i got to usa, i bought a honda first, what a mistake; no comfort.
but i feel rich with this car, although i am a stinking graduate student.
thanks to you guys, although a newbie, i am learning a lot of things about this car.
it is expensive as hell, but i will try to keep it as much as i can, it is 55k now, so, i am guessing i am keeping another 20k which means 3 years for me.
thanks for sharing your enthusiasm mr. admin.

Quick Reply: If you have four rings on your front grille.... You are fortunate