Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

INFO DISPLAY FADES - 99 A6 AVANT

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 02:15 PM
1st Gear
Default INFO DISPLAY FADES - 99 A6 AVANT

i HAVE A 99 A6 AVANT AND THE MAIN INFO / COMPUTER DISPLY IS FINE WHEN I FIRST START THE CAR, AFTER A FEW MINUTES (I GUESS WHEN IT HEATS UP IT FADES TO THE POINT WHERE I CANNOT READ IT. aNY REPAIR FOR THIS? IS IT A COMMON PROBLEM???

Old 07-24-2006, 02:20 PM
Default RE: INFO DISPLAY FADES - 99 A6 AVANT

try turning the dimmer switch up

Old 07-24-2006, 02:54 PM
1st Gear

cOME ON THATS A GIVE IN.

aLL THAT DOES IS MAKE IT BRIGHTER RED, BUT STILL THE LETTERS ARE NOT THEIR TO READ.

Old 07-24-2006, 03:03 PM
2nd Gear

First, PLEASE STOP YELLING. You'll get much better attention if you speak softly.

Next, this is a somewhat common problem. Unfortuntately, the only way to resolve it is to replace the dash console. Here's a link on how to DIY on the cheap -- the dealer will take your wallet on this if you have them do it.

http://www.audiworld.com/tech/elec106.shtml

Old 07-24-2006, 03:36 PM

no problem FORD (fix or return daily)hehehe, the dimmer is the first thing to look at then we progress and the fact you have a water leak after a rain storm throws some light on the issue, the water leak is the problem and could be anywhere without me personally looking so you need to get a hose pipe on top of the car then remove any panels from the dash lower area so you can see where the water is coming in, do not type in capitals this is aggressive to others and you wont get an answer and have patience because we are not on here 24/7

Old 07-24-2006, 03:43 PM
1st Gear

Thank you!!

Did not mean to yell,

I JuSt CaNt Type for SH#t

Old 07-24-2006, 03:53 PM
2nd Gear

No worries as long as you're willing to learn.

Just take the time to write your questions clearly and with decent grammar (after first searching to see if it's already been asked, of course). It will make it a lot easier for us to understand what you're asking and be more motivated to help you. When I see a question that I can't understand because it's poorly written, I just shake my head and keep going.

If somebody is not willing to take the time to write well enough so that others can understand, how can they think that others will take the time to decipher them and answer? Getting off soapbox now...

Old 07-24-2006, 04:03 PM

to a point im with you there but grammar/spelling isn't the answer just making your point so others can confirm whats being said and I enjoy crosswords

Old 07-24-2006, 04:53 PM
2nd Gear

I'm not asking people to write an honors thesis here, but you've probably seen what I'm talking about. NO grammar, NO punctuation, NO attention at all to spelling. Don't get me wrong -- it's a free world and people can post whatever they want on this and other forums (within the stated guidelines of each forum).

My point is that I think it's only common courtesy to be reasonably clear in your communication. I have gotten a WEALTH of information off this and other forums. Now that I'm past the nOOb stage, I try to give back. I think it's showing simple respect for the time other people spend replying to take the extra minute to write a clear post. My $02.

Old 07-24-2006, 04:56 PM

we know what your saying mate but each to their own without condemnation

Quick Reply: INFO DISPLAY FADES - 99 A6 AVANT