Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

irregular idle after mods?? Comments please!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 05:40 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: irregular idle after mods?? Comments please!

Ok, I tried the manual TBA. Turn key, gas pedal to floor, key off...etc. Still, same problem. Not sure if it reset.

So instead of beating this thread to death I'm going to see if there are any codes or cels; and have my mechanic take car of it.

Joe, where do you take your car for service? I have a guy in Central NJI use. He is moving back to Italy very soon. So, I am hitting him up with a full TB change, clutch and any other big ticket item I can think of before he leaves. So, needless to say I will be researching and scouting out new mechanics in the near future.

Thanks for the help guys. I'll let you know the outcome.

E

Old 04-11-2008, 07:23 PM
2nd Gear

there is a guy in lafayette hill... the shop is called turchi enterprises ... his wife works behind the counter and this guy speaks like broken english and has been around these cars all of his life ... and he has his brother working in the shop aswell ... i take my car there whenever there is the problem and they are pretty quick ... usually same day if not next day ... google it to get the number ... prob alot closer then nj lol

Old 04-13-2008, 03:00 PM
1st Gear

Could it be a vac problem? MAF or airfilter?

Old 04-13-2008, 08:42 PM
2nd Gear

air filter is doubtfull ... clean ur maf with electric contact cleaner ... dont touch it up spray and rinse

pressure test for vac lines i guess ... on alot of these 2.7s esp around like 6+ yrs old the vac hoses start to dry out and crack

good suggestion

Old 04-14-2008, 12:17 AM
2nd Gear

^ this typically genrates code and CELL though.

I honestly dobt the DVs caused the issue but I ahve seen wierd stuff on gthese darn cars.

To do the Throttle Body alignment, either use a VAG Com or get the APR option and you can do it with the cruise control.
It cured my idle issues last yearand actually lowered my idle RPMs.

Old 04-14-2008, 02:03 AM
2nd Gear

how do u reset with vagcom ... should i just reset mine for the hell of it?

Old 04-14-2008, 12:47 PM
2nd Gear

sure go ahead, won't hurt.. it is recommended in specific conditions klike when batery is disconnected for long time, or ECU removed.... check vag com site or audiworld for procedures, takes a few minutes.
I do it with my cruise control via the APR program, that with the fault code eraser only costs 59$

Old 04-15-2008, 01:54 PM
1st Gear

Hey guys, love the feedback. Thank god you guys are around.

Hey, Gigi you raised an interesting point. When I got flashed w/(GIAC atAWE Tuning) theysaid they had to remove my ECU. Does this sound right? Are they suppose to remove the ECU? I have an 01 2.7T

I thought the whole idea of the flash is to "FLASH IT" through the ECU port located inside the car.

I have an appointment to bring the car up to my mechanic on thursday. So, hopefully he can cure it with the help of the some of the knowledge I am gaining from here.

Let me know what you guys think about this flash removal. Anyone else had this experience? Having to remove their ECU inorder to flash it?

I didn"t think twice when the did this. I watched the whole process too. Maybe, I should have asked why?

Old 04-15-2008, 05:43 PM
1st Gear

It is easiest to pull the ECU while flashing it, mine has been done this way on several occasions. No problems to speak of, but when you pull the ECU your car needs time to relearn. Try to hook up with someone with a VAGCOM and reset WOT on the throttle body. The foot to the floor method works, but only if you repeat the process every 2 minutes, about 5 times over. This has been my experience, if all else fails try looking for vacuum leaks. Vac leaks will adversely affect idle, check the vacuum check valve on top of the manifold (very close to the PCV). This valve tends to crack and break, bad vacuum can equal bad idle. Keep letting us know how your doin with this, and we'll keep trying to help

Old 04-15-2008, 05:57 PM
2nd Gear

ii have a vagcom if u wanna use it

Quick Reply: irregular idle after mods?? Comments please!