Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just did my very first mod BUT.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 11:00 PM
1st Gear
Default Just did my very first mod BUT.....

I'm so stoked this weekend I did my first mod which is a full LED package for the interior and also for the reverse lights and license plate lights and while I was at it I replaced my defective HID Bulbs (more on the HIDs in a little bit). The swap was very straight forward and didn't have any issues doing the installation for the most part except for the vanity lights in the ceiling which I could not get out for the life of me (left them halogen since I didn't want to break something) the floor lights in the rear some had stated that it was a pain due to very short wires but I happen to find out that that wasn't an issue. One thing I did notice is that when I try to use my map light individually they light up very dim and kinda flicker but if the door is open or I use the master switch they light up fine. What's up there?

Now for the HID bulbs. Last year I had bought a set of 5000k bulbs on eBay that for some reason were defective I guess meaning that I would have to cycle my headlight switch several times for them to turn on so while I was at it I got a fresh pair and put them in (also 5000k) and my cycling on and off issue was resolved BUT the now the new bulbs look dim more like as if I had halogen bulbs. Even my sister pointed out that my headlights didn't look as bright as before. My HID system is stock so I haven't added anything aftermarket in that area except the bulbs. What could it be? I do want to point out that tonight was my first night driving with the new HID bulbs and it was raining could that change things or no?

Everything came courtesy of krautoLED.com which has prompt delivery and service.

Cheers

2001 Audi A6 Avant 2.8 quattro 180,150 miles

Last edited by SubaruHyundaiAudi; 03-03-2014 at 11:03 PM.