Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just fixed my LCD (MAXIDOT) today !!! :)

Old 05-08-2009, 12:30 PM
1st Gear

I just sent my payment over to the contact that VRso2 listed. It's basically a guy in the Czech Republic who propably got a line on these LCD's and is selling them. His name is Vaclav Pekar. He replied as soon as I e-mailed him and gave me all the information. At this point the Audi parts in Canada are so expensive, i'll give this a try and see what I get. I'll report when I receive my LCD.

Jr

Old 05-13-2009, 10:38 PM
1st Gear

Well I just received my LCD from the Czech Republic and snapped a couple of pictures to show you all what the thing looks like. It cost me $120 CDN with shipping to my door. It arrived in about six days, which really surprised me. I thought it would take way longer. Vaclav was very quick to answer all my e-mails and delivered what said he would. The packaging was top notch. I'll propably do the fix on Sunday so I'll post a few pics after then.

JR

Attached Thumbnails just fixed my LCD (MAXIDOT) today !!!  :)-sl371541.jpg   just fixed my LCD (MAXIDOT) today !!!  :)-sl371543.jpg   just fixed my LCD (MAXIDOT) today !!!  :)-sl371544.jpg   just fixed my LCD (MAXIDOT) today !!!  :)-sl371546.jpg  
Old 05-14-2009, 03:34 PM
Cool

I might interested, please post guide

Old 05-14-2009, 06:03 PM
3rd Gear

Did anyone ever use the ebay instruction material on repairing the LCD instead of replacing the LCD itself? Like this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AUDI-...sQ5fLiterature

Old 05-15-2009, 04:51 AM
1st Gear

My panel from this guy arrives next week.
He has paypal now.

I guess this fix you can buy is just about to pull the screen and mount some paper in the screen frame for extra pressure on the contact surface. won't help fading issue.
new screen is the only good fix.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:25 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by hxgaser
Did anyone ever use the ebay instruction material on repairing the LCD instead of replacing the LCD itself? Like this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AUDI-...sQ5fLiterature
That has to be BS. The main reason that most of our screens are bad is because of the dot-matrix chip on the ribbon itself (see pictures above). I've had mine apart and all the soldering connections were solid, so I think it's pretty legitimate that you need a new screen. And I bet you anything the info they give you is just a copy off of one of our forums.

Old 05-15-2009, 01:18 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by nm3210
That has to be BS. The main reason that most of our screens are bad is because of the dot-matrix chip on the ribbon itself (see pictures above). I've had mine apart and all the soldering connections were solid, so I think it's pretty legitimate that you need a new screen. And I bet you anything the info they give you is just a copy off of one of our forums.
The reason that I am somewhat intrigued is that, there was a fix like this for my old BMW. Basically in that case, the conductors within the cable got disconnected, and heat treating the cable to reconnect the conductors worked.

Considering the guy on ebay has pretty good reputation, as well as positive comments for Audi instruction, I am almost tempted... Any guinea pigs out there?

Old 05-15-2009, 02:13 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by hxgaser
Any guinea pigs out there?
Sure, send me your credit card info so I can pay for it and I'll order asap!

Old 05-16-2009, 09:55 AM
1st Gear

Call me the guinea pig. I bought it about a month ago. PM me your email address hxgaser if you want to try this and I will send you his instructions if you want to try. I haven't had time to try it for myself...

Old 05-16-2009, 10:40 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by whitey
Sure, send me your credit card info so I can pay for it and I'll order asap!

OOOHHHH, real low.... I will be even lower!!! yo' mama!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: just fixed my LCD (MAXIDOT) today !!! :)