Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just Got My First Audi...

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 06:08 PM
1st Gear
Default Just Got My First Audi...

I just bought my first Audi. It is a 2001 A6 2.7 T. It is Dark Blue with Beige interior. I have loved these cars since I was a kid, but when I could actually afford one I decided not to, because Consumer Reports slammed them for reliability problems. So, last October I bought an '01 Volvo S60 T5 instead. They are supposed to be very reliable. But after dumping over $2000 in it in the first 5 mos., and having another 2K to go probably, I decided to sell it. Because if I am gonna dump that kind of money into a car, it might as well be the one I really like, right? First off I have to get a timing belt service, I know. $1100 is reasonable for a dealer service with water pump, tensioner, and serpentine I guess? The car has 102K on it, so I fifgure it is time. Also, I have a noise in the right rear, that sounds like bad wheel bearings. But that is a warranty fix, so. Is there anything I should know about these cars in particular?

Thanks,

Old 03-31-2007, 07:30 PM
SSn
1st Gear
Default RE: Just Got My First Audi...

Replace AT and diff fluid. Dealer claims it's lifetime So 100% it has never been replaced. I'm just planing to do mine soon.
I got the car a month ago, so far replaced:
timing belt, tentioner, thermostat, water pump, crank and cam seals, valve cover gaskets, serpantine of course. Torn CV joint boot, and doing good so far.

Old 04-01-2007, 05:09 PM

welcome! I opted for a 4.2L after finding that I couldn't talk myself into what was probably the smart choice- a subaru, or the more costly one that I started out after- the S60R. Good luck. Get chips & enjoy.

Old 04-01-2007, 09:49 PM
3rd Gear

Absolutely do the timing belt, water pump, and all tensioners very soon. Manual for my '03 calls for it at 105k. Make sure you run a good synthetic (e.g, Mobil1) and change it every 6-8k. $1100 sounds reasonable. I just bought the parts myself and a local indie did the work, total $800. But my guy is $50/hr less than a dealer.

There's some good threads in the forum about what should be done for a 2.7T. Do a search.

And welcome to the "club".