Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just a headsup

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 10:01 PM
1st Gear
Default just a headsup

this is just a headsup for all of younoil leakers out there. my cam sensor gaskets were leaking oil for a while and where does that oil go? straight down on the alternator. and lo-and-behold, my alternator died on me this morning on my way to work. my dashboard lit up like a christmas tree. i had to have it towed to my indy mechanic. should know more in the morning. all this to say, just be aware of where your oil leak is.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's a love/hate relationship when it comes to an Audi

Old 05-19-2008, 10:24 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: just a headsup

how long was yours leaking for? i have the same car with the same problem... well idk if its the cam sensors but where the cam sprockets are it looks like. im waiting for the parts to come in thursday and the work should be done this weekend by my mechanic. and most likely like yours its leaking from both sides right down the front of the motor, im just looking to get a few days to get to school and work.

Old 05-20-2008, 01:18 AM

Haha I think we all have the same problem Oh well I hope it all gets fixed soon

Old 05-20-2008, 01:36 AM
1st Gear

Thanks for the heads up mine has just started leaking recently, now I have a reason why to fix it soon. I was wondering where it would drip down to since I never see any oil on the ground.

Old 05-22-2008, 10:28 PM
1st Gear

well, got the car back today with a total bill of $2200. Ouch! that included new cam seals, alternator, timing belt, water pump, and thermostat. not to mention towing cost. no more deisel sounding engine, oil leak, or erratic voltage gauge though. watch those oil leaks! they can do alot more damage than you think.

Old 05-23-2008, 01:36 AM
1st Gear

Wow, that sounds nasty. What was the mileage?

Old 05-23-2008, 09:22 AM
1st Gear

the milage is 95K. My valve cover gaskets have some weeping, but i will do those myself. hopefully it's not a clogged breather hose causing that. oh well, i guess it comes with the territory.