Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking at this tomorrow wondering what you guys think

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 06:45 AM
1st Gear
Question looking at this tomorrow wondering what you guys think

going to see this car tomorrow. i would like to see what you think, and what you would offer the seller for the vehicle. Previous car was a 2003 mitsubishi lancer evolution. hopefully an 2.7tt will fit the shoes to take its place

Old 01-14-2012, 07:02 AM
1st Gear

2000 AUDI A6 2.7T
Should probably paste a link right

Old 01-14-2012, 07:02 AM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

Originally Posted by rpcudd
going to see this car tomorrow. i would like to see what you think, and what you would offer the seller for the vehicle. Previous car was a 2003 mitsubishi lancer evolution. hopefully an 2.7tt will fit the shoes to take its place
Willkommen to the forums!

ummm...what car?

check the sticky at the top for care and feeding of the 2.7T there should be plenty of information there to get you started. Be sure to a good look under the hood. ask the seller lots of questions. if something looks wrong, or doesn't feel right, there is most likely some kind of issue. maintenance costs are on the high side. repair costs are on the high side. parts are on the high side. if you can DIY you can save a bunch on labor, which is on the high side.

good luck

Old 01-14-2012, 02:17 PM
1st Gear

Make sure to check KBB value, and ask for service records. If they say they don't have any AVOID IT.

Old 01-14-2012, 02:29 PM
Tech Guru

121,xxx with body damage cracked windshield and possibly no service records or tb/wp/thermo change is not a car I'd buy

But if you can wrench have him take money off for the tb at least... But you'll still have to repair body damage/windshield on your own.

Really depends how capable you are.

Old 01-14-2012, 06:14 PM
2nd Gear

$4950????

He's out of his mind, it's a parts car at this point.

3500 **** poor condition KBB is 4600 fair
<1000> timing belt
<1500> body work

How does $1050 sound it's not worth that much but he won't take less.

I wouldn't even bother wasting my time.

Old 01-14-2012, 06:40 PM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

ahhh, I see you posted the link as i was posting my reply

I agree with what kraut, kite and jackmup have said so far. price definitely steep for what is being offered. the car does have potential but in its current condition....

Old 01-14-2012, 08:02 PM
1st Gear

ok so no service records, no idea when the t belt was done, difficult to communicate due to language differences, front brakes worn to the point of squeaking during driving, and quite a bit of lifter tick. also felt possibly one misfire. the car did drive pretty well, and was very quick! also went to a dealer today to test out an s4 and it was like a quarter of the speed of the a6??????? could have been one of the slower cars i have ever driven....... ever. brake light was blinking abs on also. abs was on in both cars. i was really surprised at the s4 are they all pretty slow? doesnt make a whole lot of sense to me. heres the link on the s4 2000 Audi S4 4dr Sdn Quattro AWD 2.7L
so far very disappointed except for how the a6 drove it was quite surprising how well it picked up and was just simply fun to drive all around.

Old 01-14-2012, 08:13 PM
1st Gear

Also dealer said they could not give out service records due to confidentiality for the previous owner, and everything from the previous owner was required by the law to be destroyed??? any car dealers here that can call myth or fact on this one?

Old 01-14-2012, 08:37 PM
Tech Guru

i say that's bullshit.... i have heard of people giving audi dealers the vin and they can pull up maintenance records....

i would search the audi forums and find someone selling a car in my price range

i think there is a b5 s4 avant being sold in colorado on az... member has been around a long time

captnobvious(not sure of spelling), but i think it is like 14k and pretty damn clean, imolia

Quick Reply: looking at this tomorrow wondering what you guys think