Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Make Alarm Louder?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 09:14 PM
1st Gear
Default Make Alarm Louder?

My Alarm is not very loud.Anyone try replacing the alarm speaker with a siren or anything else to increase alarm without having to go aftermarket?

Old 02-21-2007, 08:06 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Make Alarm Louder?

i've got the same problem, my alarm siren is not very loud at all. i wonder if there's a way to wire it to the car's horn instead? anyone have any idea?

Old 02-22-2007, 02:35 AM
1st Gear

As far as i have been able to find out all of the audi alarm's are quiet.And from loads of dealer's they have all said the same " its the way they are,and can't do anything about it"

So it look's like it will have to be aftermarket them if want want to hear if someone is stealing your pride and joy.

Old 02-23-2007, 05:14 AM
1st Gear

guaranteedthere has to be a way to just wire in a new alarm horn. i know that you can buy the replacements from audi, so they're obviously replaceable, and all they are are just a power wire and a ground, so i don't see why you wouldn't be able to get a louder aftermarket horn and just splice it into where the original was. seems illogical to me that you wouldn't be able to change something like that, after all, the main thing is just getting electricity to the unit, and it's after the alarm brains, so in theory it should be a simple task.

Old 02-23-2007, 05:34 AM

let me know if it works for you, good luck

Old 02-23-2007, 05:44 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: leighsean

let me know if it works for you, good luck
i definitely will as soon as i can find a different horn for it. if it does work though i bet lots of people on here will be extremely interested, so watch for it here within the next few weeks. anyways, i'll let you know, because that stock alarm horn is just plain stupid quiet.

Old 08-04-2007, 02:01 AM

Finally. I am thinking about doing the same thing but can't find the stupid horn.
02 AVANT here. I know it is in the back somewhere behind the Bose Sub - just can't get to it.
Let me know if yours work.
Looking forward to it.

Old 09-23-2007, 07:44 PM
1st Gear

I'm planning to change out the factory horns on my 2007 A4Q, and put in Hella louder horns - but where are the horns mounted ?

Old 09-24-2007, 04:12 AM
1st Gear

I've replaced my stock horn with an aftermarket 12v siren with success. In my 1998 a6, the stock horn is on the drivers side in the trunk. There should be only two wires connected to it. Brown which is ground and the other (red) which is +12v when the alarm is armed, disarmed, triggered or panic fired. I mounted my siren underneath the car, (inner fender well) and it has worked great under there for a few years without any problems. And yes it is damm loud to the point where it is annoying when it is going off. Any 12v aftermarket siren will work, but I suggest something small so it is easier to mount under the car.

Old 07-13-2008, 09:02 PM

Name:  alarm_horn.gif
Views: 5523
Size:  81.6 KB
so there is your location... I am gonnado the upgrade this week. Anyone have any suggestions on the horn?

Quick Reply: Make Alarm Louder?