Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

this may be such a noob question .....

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 09:34 PM
2nd Gear
Default this may be such a noob question .....

but I thought only turbo models could be chipped ........

Old 08-13-2008, 11:07 PM
1st Gear

nope lol, u can buy a "surge" chip for anything really, and regular ecu chips also for just about anything, its more so taking the time to find them

Old 08-13-2008, 11:09 PM
2nd Gear

any direction you want to point me to in ?

Old 08-13-2008, 11:21 PM
1st Gear

what do you mean? are you looking for one? or do you want to know the difference? a real chip or one that goes onto/ replaces your ecu will give you more power then a "surge" chip, a surge chip connects to you IAT sensor, takes about 15min or less to install, but will give you less gains, you also have to be careful with surge chips bc some can be damaging, if buying a surge chip make sure the ppl u r buying it from says that it keeps all gains to manufacturers standards that way you know it wont be damaging your car....all surge chips do is send a diff signal to your ecu fooling it into thinkings its colder out then it is, there by sucking in more air then normal, there by creating the additional power wanted but not as much as a chip that goes on your ecu (pretty much surge chips are cheaper, and offer less gain but still a noticable one)

Old 08-14-2008, 01:10 AM
2nd Gear

Im not looking to potentially hurt/damage anything long term just "enhance"what I already have ....

FWIW, we drive the same car according to your sig minus the cold air and chipped factor mentioned above ;-)

Old 08-14-2008, 06:56 AM
1st Gear

ok lol, well for the moment i went with a surge chip bc i am still unsure just how crazy im going to go with this car, like i said you notice the gains, i bought from a company that keeps its adjustments to factory standards i can send you their link and you can read all the info on it and see what i mean by factory standards and it will not hurt the engine or ecu in away at all, i will also tell you were your IAT is bc that was a pain to find for me after reading the instructions on how to find it lol (since they give u a generic one that confused me lol) like i said though, there are actual ecu chips out there that will give you more gains if thats what you want, you just need to look more, and it will be about $100-$200 more(but youll be getting more power for the price obviously), the surge chip i have was $90 (including shipping) and it has a little dial on it that you turn for more horsepower or a little less horsepower but a few extra MPG

i also went with the surge for now bc like i said i wasnt sure how crazy i crazy i want to go with mods on this car yet, but i wanted a little more power just for playing around town or that little extra get up and go on the highway when i wanted to, and you can feel/tell the difference in both instances since i put the surge chip in, also if you ever need to, you can remove the surge chip just as easy as it went in, and then put it back in later if you want

Last edited by Ligist; 08-14-2008 at 07:01 AM.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:17 PM
2nd Gear

thanks man Id love to check out the link, please .....

Old 08-15-2008, 08:34 PM
1st Gear

heres a link to the 1 i ordered, with the details for the car to match mine (95 A6) so if u need to change the year of the car just hit the homepage link at the top, website is pretty straight forward, but if u scroll down the page ull see all the info on how it works and what not http://www.yourhotcar.com/prod/All/P...ce_Chip/549396

Old 08-15-2008, 10:06 PM
2nd Gear

u da man ..... thx bro. As I said we drive the same whip all the way down to the stick.... mine is midnight blue or wahtever its called lol

Old 08-15-2008, 11:19 PM
1st Gear

haha, well if u decide to get the chip, let me know, ill snap a pic of were u put it so u dont sit there going nuts like i did for an hour lol, its nice bc if u read it, like it says all u do is turn a little dial and u get the power, or the better mpg, and thats really what it is, a dial on a chip lol, and its not like a little screw u turn with a screw driver, its a little dial about the size of about 3 dimes or pennies stacked up

Quick Reply: this may be such a noob question .....