Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Might buy A6, what about A4?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 03:24 AM
Default Might buy A6, what about A4?

Hi, I'm new here, seems like a great forum. Maybe I could get some oppinions from you Audi guys. I'm selling my current DD in an effort to find a sporty, awd sedan. I have been watching the papers and have seen a couple A6's with around 100k 95's-97's in the $5k range. I have found through research that at 100k they should have the timing chain replaced so that will be important as I continue to shop around.

My question is I'm interested in an A4 quattro also, however how was the quattro in the first yr. A4(96 i think) cause that's the only A4 quattro in my price range. Also, it seems like there are a lot more problems with the A4's compared to the A6's. Is this true? Or is it just because there are so many more a4's?

I'm thinking the A6 will be a lower maintenance and more reliable in it's older age and higher mileage because it's a higher end car. What do you guys think? Also, I do hear the A6 is just great in the snow.

Ryan