Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Might be nothing but....?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 05:09 PM
Default Might be nothing but....?

My wife moved the A6 this morning to get her car out. When I went to start it a few hours later, it was lethargic, didnt want to start but did eventually. (I've seen this symptom in other posts so I was OK with it). But on the journey to work I noticed some odd behaviour out of the engine. I noticed, acceleration seemed down a bit, and idle tickover was a little rough for the first few miles. Onto the motorway, cruising speed, fine but try to accelerate hard and it was hesitating to go over 4000 rpm. Noticed engine temp was a tad high but that may have been from me pushing it a bit to try to "clear" the sluggishness.

So I'm wondering....... "computer related" problem, fuel starvation, plugs, plug contamination, leads, coil pack, over heating, head gasket blown, .......and on, and on....

Have any of you lads encountered this issue in the past that'll help me to zone in on the fault?

Thanks,

BTW....Car is 1997, 2.4ltr auto with tip.

Kev

Old 02-02-2005, 03:30 PM
Default RE: Might be nothing but....?

Hmmmmmm, that was fruitless, anyway, to follow this up for anyone who might encounter it in future.
it cleared itself later that day after the car sat in the car park for 8hrs. On the way home it was fine. No apparent reason for the problem, must be ecu related....? Happened yesterday too when I turned over the motor but let go of the key before it fired up. started up again and noticed the hesitating around 4k on the way home. Next day, fine, no probs with acceleration. A ghost in the machine???

Thanks anyway,

Kev