Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mmi and bluetooth not working, need help

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 03:14 PM
1st Gear
Default mmi and bluetooth not working, need help

Hi all, my car (2005 a6 3.0tdi quattro, automatic, ride hand) has developed a few major electrical problems, first my bluetooth module stopped working, then i started getting brake warning lights on the dash, then the car decided to tell me that every single light on the outside of the car is not working and finally to top everything off the mmi has decided not to owrk.

after tracing the problems on the internet i determined that the major cause of problems stems from a wet footwell on the passengers side. low and behold mine is very wet.

i managed to peel a corner of the carpet up in the passenger rear footwell to find an large puddle of water and wires .

now i know i have to get the passenger seat out and get everything dry first but the trouble i am having is

A, i cant seem to find the right tool to undo the four bolts holding the seat in

B, what is actually under the carpet in terms of moudals etc

C, has anyone got any advice/guidance, diagrams tool names and sizes, tips and idea where to get replacement parts/modules

Thanks