Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 4.2 is possesed.

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 01:24 PM
1st Gear
Default My 4.2 is possesed.

So Tuesday when I got in my car it was brutally cold outside, weather man said with the windchill it was -11. Thank god my A6 has a giant 4.2 V8 engine that will heat me perfectly. Well, a few minutes later when the atuomatic fan kicked on to blow in the hot air...it was cold. I sat the entire way to work as my heater said 80 but was blowing more like 40 degree air. Wednesday night on my way home from class the heater actually worked after a few minutes of cold.

Then, last night as I was leaving the liquor store (hehe) I went to take a left turn and my blinker blinked once then stopped. I tried the right one, once then stopped. Now everytime I use my blinker, no matter what direction or if I just hold it, it blinks once then stops.

Could these problems be related in the electrical system or are they serperate? What do you think the cause is and what can i do about it?

Thanks for the help

Old 03-09-2007, 02:13 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: My 4.2 is possesed.

ICE

Your blinker sounds like it is the "Blinker Hazzard Relay" switch... (your hazzard button on your dash)

which needs to be replaced. very simply DIY. YOu just need to carefully take off the center trim peice and then replace the hazzard switch ( it is one unit... plug and play) runs about 40 bucks.

As for your heating problem, the fan will kick on when it gets to a certain temp even it if it isnt fully heated up. this could just be teh case... im not sure how long you were driving or if it got warm at all. If so it could be the thermostat needs to be replaced.

Are you low on antifreeze???

just a couple thoughts.

Old 03-09-2007, 02:14 PM
Default RE: My 4.2 is possessed.

im going for either hazard flasher relay ( which is the complete switch you press for the warning indicators ) or bad ground/steering wheel indicator stalk

Old 03-09-2007, 02:40 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: RIA6

ICE

Your blinker sounds like it is the "Blinker Hazzard Relay" switch... (your hazzard button on your dash)

which needs to be replaced. very simply DIY. YOu just need to carefully take off the center trim peice and then replace the hazzard switch ( it is one unit... plug and play) runs about 40 bucks.

As for your heating problem, the fan will kick on when it gets to a certain temp even it if it isnt fully heated up. this could just be teh case... im not sure how long you were driving or if it got warm at all. If so it could be the thermostat needs to be replaced.

Are you low on antifreeze???

just a couple thoughts.
I am low on anitfreeze. And yes, after a while of driving the car does heat up, sometimes more than other times.

Old 03-09-2007, 03:57 PM
1st Gear

Try adding some antifreeze could be a simple fix.

you can get the blinker rely from many places, i happen to get mine from Audi.... it was 45 bucks

Online i found one for 30 then shipping of 10.... the extra 5 bucks was worth the peice of mind not having to deal with the bilnkers FREAKING OUT!!!

Old 03-09-2007, 04:13 PM
1st Gear

I have not yet done anything on my car myself, what is the process I have to go through to get this thing fixed? Sounds easy but I need some guidance.

Old 03-12-2007, 11:14 AM
1st Gear

To get what fixed?? you mentioned two problems...

BLinker relay : https://www.audiforums.com/m_146946/tm.htm

Anti-Freeze : If you cant fill the anti freeze we might have a problem... Just kidding, but seriously though this is an easy one i think you can handle it

If you still have a problem take it to a local inde shop to get checked out.

Old 03-12-2007, 04:21 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: RIA6

To get what fixed?? you mentioned two problems...

BLinker relay : https://www.audiforums.com/m_146946/tm.htm

Anti-Freeze : If you cant fill the anti freeze we might have a problem... Just kidding, but seriously though this is an easy one i think you can handle it

If you still have a problem take it to a local inde shop to get checked out.
Thanks for the link. Don't worry, I put the anti-freeze where it belongs...the flip door above the right rear tire right...

Old 03-13-2007, 12:55 AM
3rd Gear

you might have a coolant leak which could cause your heat to be off and on. Does your "heat blow cold at idle" or does it somewhat warm up when you are moving or accelerating? if so, you probably have a coolant leak or a possible cracked intake manifold.

as for the turn signals, it is probably the relay...... AKA your emergency flasher button and housing. It is a 50 dollar part at the stealership, and you can swap it out in 5 minutes or less..............

Goodluck