Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My A6 is feeling weak now?

Old 10-06-2007, 09:15 AM
2nd Gear
Default My A6 is feeling weak now?

I took my car in to get the air intake temp sensor replaced since it was throwing a code. While they were in there they found that the secondary coolant pump was leaking. So they replaced all that and I got my car back. Well the last week or so my car does not feel nearly as powerful as it used to be. It was like before when the turbos kicked in I would be pressed to the seat, now I dont feel that as much. I don't have any CEL now but I have a code for the "Catalyst warm up bank efficiency below threshhold". I dont think that could make a huge difference in performance can it? I have a feeling I have a boost leak, any ever have a boost leak can you tell me what the symptoms you had? I need to narrow this down and fix this!! Thanks!

Old 10-06-2007, 10:59 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: My A6 is feeling weak now?

hey sorry to hear about tyour troubles.
I just had my auxiliary pump replaced yesterday too and i threw in some NewSouth powergasket while they were in there, no labor charge.
No problems... but you know they have to get a lot of stuff out of the way to get to the pump which sits under the intake and they could very well have not tighten something back in the process... like the bipipe if you have one or TBB, some hose... or messed up the intake gaskets... I would take it right back to them and have it all checked out.

Old 10-07-2007, 09:36 AM
2nd Gear

Yeah that is probably a good idea. Although, I think that it was starting to lose power even before I took it into them. But I just remember driving it home from the shop after they finished being like WTF?? Idk... When I am in like second gear and I am slowly accelerating I can hear the turbos whine as they start to spool, the thing is I can't tell if I am hearing a whining sound of a boost leak too. I probably should get a boost gauge, the only problem is the install on our cars is tough.

Old 10-07-2007, 02:33 PM
Site Moderator

If you have a CAT below efficiency fault thats more than likely your lack of power. If the cat is plugged it would cut your horse power down significantly.
Have you had the ECM re-flash for the cat converter yet? If not they will perform that first which can erase your chipped ECM statis further decreasing your horse power.

Old 10-15-2007, 01:40 PM
1st Gear

I probably shouldn't ask this question here, but I think I will go for it?

Are you prejudice? The reason for the question, is because of your signature. You volunteer to be recognized as Tech Certified, right? Then you question someones IQ, because they decide to ask, rather than search...

Remember, this is just a question from a low IQ

Old 10-15-2007, 02:07 PM
4th Gear

He's not prejudiced. His point is that many people come on and exert very little effort on their own to find answers to simple and repeatedly answered questions, expecting the forum to take the time for them. In this case, this is a valid question that would not be easy to find and answer to and as you see, Auditech answered it promptly and without questioning. My guess is it's intended for people who come on and ask questions like, " Which is faster, the A6 4.2 or the A6 2.7T?" I think it's his way of saying do a little legwork before you are willing to ask someone else to do it for you, or be prepared to get called on it. I don't think it was intended here. BTW, the forum runs a background IQ test on everyone before registering them and you passed so you're not a low IQ.

Old 10-15-2007, 02:11 PM
4th Gear

btw, nice ride and we both know the 4.2 is faster.....

Old 10-15-2007, 02:29 PM
1st Gear

Good answer... are you a Lawyer...

Everyone has prejudice, even the low IQ guy like myself.

I have learned through my ignorance, that "Prejudice" is okay because it is not really all bad. But it never amazes me to see how we react, when the question is asked?

Good convo, sorry for the mis-leading post and wasting your time. I plead the 5th...

Metal-on-Metal...

Old 10-15-2007, 02:41 PM
4th Gear

Ok so he is not demonstrating prejudice in this particular situation. But like me, I assume he is prejudiced against laziness versus ignorance. I am not an attorney but am close to many. You commonly refer to yourself as ignorant, lower IQ etc. in your posts. Cut it out. If it's true, then so be it but you don't see amputees running around saying "well you know I only have one arm" If it's not true, then cut it out. People will enjoy your exchanges here regardless of your IQ as long as your civil and cordial....oh yeah, and occassionally funny. You have posted good posts. Lighten up on your smarts.

Old 10-15-2007, 02:42 PM
1st Gear

Railrunner, you should run for office... I have a bunch of knuckleheads buying intelligent BS

As for Autotech79, this a country that allows its citizen the right of "Freedom of Speech"...

It is only a signature/speech, and I only asked a question....

Fellas, have a Heluva Day... WP is hot as h....!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My A6 is feeling weak now?