Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My A6 is a lemon Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 10:39 PM
1st Gear
Default My A6 is a lemon Help

Hello:
I need to share my frustration with this 2005 A6. It has 64k I just dropped the car off and the dealer called and said that I need a new MMI control unit and the new instilation and parts would cost $2500. I also need a new coollant box and it cost $750. I was just floored , I asked if Audi would replace the MMI control unit and Audi replies we will pay for half of the part cost for both issues. Wow Audi thanks , did I forget to tell you after the four years or 48 months I owned this car it was in the shop for 27 times and minium repair days 3 . so out of the 48 months I have had this car it has been in the shop for a total of 72 days or 2 1/4 months. which turns out to be 15% of its life span. It was in the shop for a tire pressure malfuntion (dealer installed an A8 tire system thinking it would work .. they were wrong) and it has had a fuel guage problem and rear trunk issues. I have had BMW's and I never had a problem. I ask the service manager and asked him to go back to the field rep and tell him its a no go and he refused to call the Audi rep(nice service ) . So here I am call the customer advocate office back and forth what a waste of time and effort. does anyone have any sugestions on how to handle this issue? or maybe the president of AUDI USA direct tel# These dealers have it made. basically the guy is going to sit on his hands and do nothing. They are so short minded not thinking of future sales but what is it going to do for me now type attitude. GOD I HATE THIS CAR !!!!!

Old 03-12-2008, 10:56 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: My A6 is a lemon Help

Did you buy it from the same dealer? When did you purchase?

Old 03-13-2008, 08:08 AM
1st Gear

Yes, I bought it from the dealer who is servicing it

Old 03-13-2008, 01:19 PM
3rd Gear

My son worked at an Audi dealer and the worst thing they could experience was the a complaint that came thru Audi. It puts lots of things in jeopardy.

The complaint has to be specific and it is best if you list a possible remedy so they know what you expect them to do. A return reciept letter to Audi with a copy to the dealer is the best way. It should include repair invoices if you have them. If you are listing a serries of different problems try an outline or bullet approach. And be realistic.

I know your pissed - I am pissed just reading about your trouble - but try to be calm, cool, and factual. Remember - a person with feelings and an ego etc. is going to read your letter and try to figure out what to do about it. Ask for their help!

Your the customer and although the customer isn't always right, he is never wrong.

Or maybe it was the customer is never right but he is always wrong- I get confused! -

Old 03-13-2008, 02:24 PM
2nd Gear

That's not really so bad... I mean it sucks that your car has had issues, but realistically, there is always going to be a dud when things are produced en mass. They won't ALL work perfectly or break down in the exact same ways.

Also, BMW's have the same issues. Most luxury cars do actually. My uncles 745i had leaked coolant since he bought it. The BMW dealer had "repaired" it 6 times for a cost of 1200 dollars. Still smells like maple syrup everytime the car is off.

NH_USA gave good advice. Keep a level head and look at the situation as if it weren't your car but your son's car. Write using clear concise verbage and make sure that they know you are very concerned with the level of customer care you are receiving from the dealership.

Old 03-13-2008, 09:24 PM
2nd Gear

Boy am I glad I purchased the 100,000 milebumper to bumper, zero deductible, warranty when I purchased my 05 4.2 three years ago. Of course that means I will have none of these problems and that mine will be fine until it reaches 100,001 miles. Sorry to hear about your problems.

Old 03-13-2008, 11:54 PM

I had the same type of problem once with an 1985 Ford Station Wagon, while on warranty. The car wouldstall at stop signs, when it was four years old. It went inten times for this problem. Then suddenly it stopped happening, after the warrantyran out. After 180,000 miles we parted with a rusted, wornout wagon. Why when four years old?
There is a lot of pressure to sell service that may not be needed. Another ford dealer wanted to replace the fuel pump on a 1998 Taurus, even though the starter would intermitently fail. However, this starter wouldusually start about a half hour later, and function normally for a few weeks before repeating. After the starter was replaced, this never happened again. Why the fuel pump?

Old 03-14-2008, 07:57 AM
1st Gear

My advice would be to find another dealer and take it there. any Audi dealer should be able to help, and when you get there tell them you're not happy with the service you've been getting, and that you are looking for someone else to do business with. I generally get angry and make a phone call whil i am there andget the whole matter settled. If you really feel like you've been scammed, file a complaint with the BBB and go from there.

Old 03-14-2008, 01:39 PM
1st Gear

Guys:
I need to share with you what I got out of a phone call with Audi advocate. They stay firm on the offer 1/2 of all parts required to replace the coolant box and the MMI. The next offer was any amount I spent on the car for this repair bill would be creditied to the purchase of any Audi in the future. WOW thanks !! That is not an offer it is a cavet dangle the carrot in front of the customer lower . How dare they that is borderline criminal behavior and then when I asked if I could have it in wrinting they said no. WTF WTF kinda operation is this. I have better luck in a Amsterdam brothel than these guys

Old 03-14-2008, 01:52 PM
3rd Gear

1/2 the cost of the parts means they are selling them to you at dealer cost and still making money.

I'm not suprised that they will not put their offer in writing. In their mind it is
the same as admitting that the problem is theirs.

You need to put the complaint in writing. It needs to be clearly doccumented. Since they raised the bar a bit send copies to the BBB, dealer and Audi America. If your state has a lemon law send them a copy also. Otherwise learn to make lemonaid.

Quick Reply: My A6 is a lemon Help