Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My A6 for Sale soon?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 12:58 AM
2nd Gear
Default My A6 for Sale soon?

Hey guys
I am thinking it is time for me to part with the A6 for various personal and financial reasons. Plus it is a great time for me to sell it or more exactly a great time for whoever will buy it as it has all kinds of new parts on it and is ready to go for many more miles. More on that below. I will be buying a beater, a 1996 Ford Taurus SHO with the Yamaha V8 to drive around and have enough room for the kids in the back. I also am keeping the jeep, no way I am selling that baby!

Anyway, I was wondering how much you think I should ask for.

I saw a couple for sale within 100 miles of my home by doing a search on Autotrader for used 2003 and 2004 2.7T a6 in the 60-90K mile range. One was 16.9K and the other 18.9K. Tonight the only one I could find with less than 100k miles on it is the one on the link below and it is pricier. Car has 77k miles and is at $21k, no mods.

Now about my car. First of, it is a 2004 model a6 2.7T Tip, dark pearl blue with a tan interior with about 80k miles and has been very reliable compared to some of the horror stories I read. It rides smoothly and is free of rattles. I don't drive my car as much since last November as I have started commuting by train and use my Jeep more, but it is still driven regularly (Min once a week plus week-ends).
Car came fro the factory with Xenon headlights, power seats, windows..., XM radio, ONSTAR, power rear shade, rear side window shades, wood trim, leather, auto dimming mirrors, headlight washers... usual stuff. NO heated seats. No Sport seats.

The car would also come with a 6 yr/100 k miles warranty.

Recent new parts/work done:
- New front rotors and HAWKS HPS pads (3 weeks ago) (GMP Performance)
- Oil service done last month. (GMP Performance)
- New Control Arms (Warranty) and Upgraded Tie Rod Ends in February (GMP Performance)
- New Koni FSD Shocks and Eibach springs in the spring (GMP Performance)
- Alignment in the spring too (SLK Charlotte)
- Timing Belt/Water Pump big service (Plugs, filters, oil...) done at 71K miles (GMP Performance)
- APR Snub Mount at 71k miles (GMP Performance)
- Auxiliary Water Pump last fall (?) under warranty (GMP Performance)
- Already changed both front CV boots and all 6 coil packs under warranty (PAS and GMP Performance)
Oil changes done every 5000 miles with full synthetic oil. Mostly CASTROL Syntec Made in Germany oil.
- New rims and tires in feb but on the car only 2/3 months.
so Lots of new and key components/service you won't havwe to worry about... $1000's saved.

MODS:
APR Chip (93 Octane, Stock programs plus Fault Code Eraser and TBA programs) (GMP Performance)
APR Catback (GMP Performance)
APR R1 Dvs (GMP Performance)
APR BiPipe (GMP Performance)
APR Snub Mount ( Installed during Timing Belt Service - GMP performance)
VAST Piggy Pipes (Installed by GMP Performance)
VAST Tip Chip
Tranny VAg Recode 01032
SAMCO Blue Hose Kit (GMP Performance)
New South Power Gaskets (Installed during AuxiliaryGMP Performance)
K&N Drop In
18" RS4 DTM Wheels with Goodyear F1 AS (bought new in Feb, painted Urban Grey last month). Might as well be new, probably less than 2 k miles on them. had stocks on for months. (GMP Peformance)
Koni FSD and Eibach springs (GMP Performance)
H SPORT Sway bars (GMP Performance)
Stainless Steel brake lines and SuperBlue brake fluid(ECS Tuning-GMP Performance)
Hawks HPS Pads (GMP Performance)
RS6 decklid lip spoiler (GMP Performance)
S6 Door blades (PLUS stock blades) (Audi dealer, GMP Performance)
FK Blacked out grille + OEM grille with Audi Chrome inserts (Audi of Charlotte)
Tint
Debadged
VAG "Window Up/Down with remote" recode
EuroPlates

This car has thousands of dollars spent on over the past 2 years.
CAR was always maintained and modded by an AUDI specialized shop (Audi of Charlotte, PAS Automotive, GMP Performance only)

ALL (extensive) documentation/invoices kept since I owned the car.
ALSO have a second set of rims available: Audi 17" BBS RC (strong and light mesh wheel) redone this year ($350 Prince in Charlotte) with Goodyear Ultragrip3 like new tires.

It is a really nice ride, family sedan with looks and power.

So what do you think?
Thanks
Brice
Name:  IMG_3144-1.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  100.5 KB
Below is the link of the 04 a6 I found on AutoTrader tonight.
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e=&cardist=125

Old 08-28-2008, 10:29 AM
1st Gear

Gigi - Good luck with the offers you get. Hopefully you'll get a worthwhile offer....

If you don't and want to part out I'm first on that list!!! lol

Good luck....Awesome car

Old 08-29-2008, 01:29 PM
2nd Gear

hey man, thanks.
How's the A6? did you sell it? got yoru cell issue taken care of?

Old 08-29-2008, 07:11 PM
2nd Gear

sadly those mods might have made your car value go down unless you find the right person.... Gigi if you saved all of your stock parts and would be able to put them on I would do so. You will get the correct value for the car aswell as the value for the parts that you have removed. GL selling the car bro and you will see a 3-4k range in these cars selling with the same miles. If you believe your car is on the higher end of great shape in the 60k range I would ask for 19-21k. If the car is AMAZING SHAPE 21 for sure. Like I said previously aftermarket kills value unless you find the right person. GL

Old 08-29-2008, 08:08 PM
2nd Gear

thinking to put it at 19.9k. Will look around this week end
Might get the SHO this week end to get a PPi on it by a local shop

Old 08-29-2008, 11:41 PM
2nd Gear

I would be happy to get 19k out of that with the miles.. maybe 20k with the warrenty which you still have with the car. But how does the warrenty look with the parts... does it still work? jw Prob some questions u will get from buyers.

Old 09-01-2008, 04:45 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by formulagigi
hey man, thanks.
How's the A6? did you sell it? got yoru cell issue taken care of?
Still have the A6. CEL hasn't come back since. I wanted to come to the eurowise opening to get it scanned again but had to work late that Saturday. Car has been running good tho. Hope to make th next gathering in NC. Will be leaving soon for a return to S FL.

Good luck again

Old 09-01-2008, 06:59 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by wammy18
I would be happy to get 19k out of that with the miles.. maybe 20k with the warrenty which you still have with the car. But how does the warrenty look with the parts... does it still work? jw Prob some questions u will get from buyers.
sure. No problem with warranty. Used it a few times. 18.5-19k might be what I get all said and done. Fine by me.

Old 09-01-2008, 07:43 PM
2nd Gear

it should be no problem making this sale I believe... The way you sound it obviously has a clean title and a clean *** car. GL and hopefully you get rid of it quick but not to fast ;P

Old 09-03-2008, 12:16 AM
2nd Gear

so it is definitely going for sale as soon as have time to take care of all the ads. Probably this week-end.
Wammy- yes title's clean and in my possession as car is paid off.

Quick Reply: My A6 for Sale soon?